Complaint Review: Amazon

• Submitted: Wed, September 05, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, September 05, 2012

• Reported By: MrD — Houston Texas United States of America

Amazon Amazon closed account owes refund to me Internet

Had an account Amazon prime for 3 months, ordered a few items, incl. a SW program download.

Sent some items back especially shoes that were not comfortable hence not as advertised. Always got a refund.

Before the long weekend placed and order for a new digital camera, value $1000. It arrived in just a box no extra packing material like styrofoam or air pockets.

Charge battery, plug it in, camera will not turn on. Tried several things, no luck. Called Amazon, they sent a replacement ASAP.
Received the next day. Played with it over the weekend, but the camera kept shutting randomly off. So I returned it as well after the weekend.

Requested a refund.  Chatted with an associate about it, and was assured I will receive a refund.

Now I get up this morning had an email Amazon closed my account because of too many returns. singed by generic Account Specialist, no name, nothing. I can't login my account. While it maybe somewhat understandable, now I wonder what happens to my refund they owe me over $1000. Called customer service several times requesting to speak to someone about my return. Was told the customer account specialist will respond within 24 hours. What? I can't login my account, cant access past receipts nor my past digital software download.

I so far already filed a complaint with the attorney General. Anyone ever sued Amazon in small claims court? I will but would like some guidance. Thanks

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2012 10:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amazon/internet/Amazon-Amazon-closed-account-owes-refund-to-me-Internet-937062. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amazon