Complaint Review: Amazon

PO Box 81226 Internet USA

Amazon KINDLE FIRE only lasts until out of Warranty! Internet

*General Comment: This is a common issue with Kindles

*Consumer Comment: Different opinion

*General Comment: Tighten that tin foil hat!!

Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers (Electronics)

I've had my Kindle fire for 1 year and 8 months, recently it quit charging. thinking it was the charging cable, i tried a different one, no dice. So, i contacted amazon customer service. After several trouble shooting steps, and nothing happening, the rep informed me that the issue with my kindle fire could not be fixed, and that my Kindle fire was 8 months out of Warranty. How convenient! The rep then stated that they could offer me another one at a discount. I paid $199 for this kindle back in nov 2011, and it is now unusable in 7/13. I shouldn't have to PURCHASE another one.

This one should still work! And Amazon should stand behind their products, especially since they have known that the kindle fire (1st gen) have issues with the charging port coming loose. Amazod has designed a product that will only last until it's out of warranty, and when the thing starts falling apart, Amazon looks the other way. They offered me another kindle fire for $139.00, as we'll as some other even higher priced Kindle fires. If I had purchased the one for $139.00, that would be $338 for the total spent on 1 working Kindle Fire, and who knows how long it would last...another year and a half...Maybe.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2013 06:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amazon/internet/Amazon-KINDLE-FIRE-only-lasts-until-out-of-Warranty-Internet-1064082. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amazon

#1 General Comment

This is a common issue with Kindles

AUTHOR: Me - ()

I have a Kindle Fire HD and Amaozon has sent me 5 replacements so far as I am still with in warranty.. I do not use it while it is charging. There are plenty of people that have this issue also. I have filed a report because I should not have to have it replaced 5 times. I have a first generation kindle that I have  had for longer. I have used it the same way and it never had an issue. There are problems with the charging port on the newer Kindles. Amazon just chooses not to address the issue.

Different opinion

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

I would go on a different opinion route on this issue. When you bought a product from "any" seller and the product has a certain time limit warranty, it means  you should expect to have the product for at least the length of warranty time. Once the time has passed, you will be at your own risk for any expense over the product. This is a known understanding for WARRANTY. Amazon warrants the product for ONE (1) year. You did NOT buy a produc for a LIFE TIME warranty. If the product broke within the warranty and they did not honor for any reason, then it would be a rip off. Not in this case.

#3 General Comment

Tighten that tin foil hat!!

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

See Amazon, when they sold you your Kindle, had no idea how YOU were going to use it. If the charge port is having issues, that means you were playing with your Kindle while it was charging. A super big nono. As with any device that is battery operated, YOU CAN NOT USE IT WHILE CHARGING!!!!! It is a common mistake that we as consumers picked up with flip cellphones. The devices today CAN NOT handle being used while charging. This causes excessive heat build up. It also causes the charge port to go out. Mainly from the amount of juice going through it. But the extra heat can weaken the sodier.

See you got a "Low end" tablet. A kindle running roughly $200 is nothing when you compare it to say a IPAD. Or a Xoom. These tablets run $500-900. SO you got what you paid for in essence. You went cheap. You cant expect that the heavy use you would put on a tablet wouldnt cause issues. Everytime you use a electronic device you are slowly wearing it out.

I have multiple tablets. Everything from the Kindle fire to a Xoom. I do not use them while they charge and I keep them in cases with screen guards. I have had no problems with ANY of my tablets. And I use them ALL for work. So dont sit there and blame Amazon for what is YOUR FAULT!! Amazon had no idea WHO yo are, WHAT you did with your tablet, or WHERE you would use it. These are all things that are yours to control. Not Amazon. Yes it is unfortunate that you need a new tablet. But Amazon has no responsability in this issue. IT WAS ALL YOU AND WHAT YOU CHOSE TO DO.