Complaint Review: Amazon

• Submitted: Sun, January 27, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, January 27, 2013

• Reported By: Elaine — Chalmette Louisiana United States of America

Amazon Only partial refund for 3rd party transaction , Internet

Amazon has a 3rd party seller named Kitty Hawk Wholesale.  I bought a toy from them for my grandson for Christmas at the end of November.  They charged me $92.31 and another $12.95 shipping.  When it arrived, it was in a Walmart box with a Walmart receipt showing that they paid $59.99 for it and it was shipped for free.  They never touched this item, never paid to have it shipped, it was never in their possession.  I contacted them to return this item as I ordered it from Walmart myself, and was told I would receive a refund within 5 days of it being returned.  It was shipped back to them, at my expense, on December 8th with a delivery date of December 18th.  As of January 2nd, I had no refund, and started emailing Kitty Hawk Wholesale about when I could expect it.  Every time they responded it was "tomorrow."  I finally filed a claim with Amazon on January 11th because they have their "A to Z" guarantee regarding their 3rd party sellers. [continued below]....
.....  They refunded me $78.46!  Where's the rest of it???  According to the explanation, Kitty Hawk doesn't refund shipping, even though they never paid anything to ship it to me, and I really don't know why I didn't get the rest of it other than I was told I got the refund I "deserved."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2013 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amazon/internet/Amazon-Only-partial-refund-for-3rd-party-transaction-Internet-1004441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amazon