Complaint Review: Amazon

• Submitted: Thu, September 20, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, September 20, 2012

• Reported By: Zach — Oklahoma Internet United States of America

Amazon Poor customer service, basically stole my money. Internet

Last week on Thursday or Wednesday, I decided to register my credit card to my Amazon account to get Prime. The next day, Amazon sends me an e-mail saying that my credit card wasn't able to be processed and my account would be placed on hold. An account specialist sent me an e-mail saying, "As previously requested, please fax us a copy of a recent credit card billing statement to 206-266-1838 (from within the US) or 001-206-266-1838 (internationally), confirming the name, address, and telephone number associated with the credit card presented for your order(s)." and I responded by saying "I do not have the information due to my credit card account cancellation (AFTER Amazon couldn't process my cc).".

After I responded, I waited 24hrs for the specialist to reply, they never did. So I contacted their chat service MULTIPLE times and every time I tell them about my problem they tell me some snotty mediocre sentences. Example , " We're sorry to hear this inconvenience, we will redirect you to an account specialist that will assist you with this issue." Ok, so I get an account specialist and they send me an e-mail saying " we need some info about your credit card billing statement ". I reply back by saying, "I do not have the info (my card account is deactivated blah blah blah).".They DID NOT REPLY, so I contacted the chat support again, and once again, they redirected me to a "newer" and more "special" account specialist.

Same thing, the new account specialist sent me the SAME MESSAGE just like the account specialist above. So this is basically a rendering cycle of extreme ignorance from Amazon. Amazon's account specialist DOES NOT READ my messages I send to them. So after I couldn't get my account off hold, I asked the chat supporters if I could get my refund ( my money from my giftcard balance), they replied saying, " It looks like your account is on hold, please provide us information about your credit card billing statement.". So basically after that, I've just went dead. Amazon had not helped me in the slightest bit, and to make matters worst, they've basically stolen my money.

Please help me file a lawsuit against this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2012 07:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amazon/internet/Amazon-Poor-customer-service-basically-stole-my-money-Internet-944375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amazon