Complaint Review: Amazon

• Submitted: Fri, March 02, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, April 20, 2012

• Reported By: stellar09 — Boulder Colorado United States of America
Amazon

Amazon The seller nightmare on Amazon.com = underestimated shipping charges=seller screwed, Internet

*Consumer Comment: amazon options

*Consumer Comment: Who is at fault?

Sellers seem to have few rights compared to buyer.  I am consistently ripped off in large $$ for shipping by Amazon and buyers, even on books, here's example:

1. book - Amazon cost 3.99 - actual cost to seller $6.25
2. harp - Amazon cost $12.99 - actual cost $64
3. printer - Amazon cost $22.49 - actual cost $98.37

Only in one of the above cases did the *honest* buyer  reimburse me the shipping difference.  I am being ripped off for shipping charges by the $$hundreds.

There is no place on this website to give buyers ratings - to warn other sellers that they WILL be ripped off by dishonest buyers who never reimburse. I have filed a complaint against Amazon with the BBB-Better Business Bureau because their handling of the shipping cases is substantially inadequte.  I encourage you to do the same.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2012 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amazon/internet/Amazon-The-seller-nightmare-on-Amazoncom-underestimated-shipping-chargesseller-screw-847646. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amazon

amazon options

AUTHOR: Sunshinerinker - (U.S.A.)

Amazon has 3 different options for sellers.

I can not think of the titles for the different options right off the top of my head so I will list them as 1,2,3

1. You pay .99 per item that is sold and a fee based on the sale price, with no monthly fee. For this option you are limited to fewer categories, Amazon sets the shipping price and you can not change it. And you can not set up your own items which means if it is not in their system already you can not add it.

2. You pay a monthly fee I believe it is about 35-40 dollars. With this option when you sell an item you do not pay that .99 fee and the fees based on the sale price of the item is slightly smaller. You have more categories to choose from, and you can add your own items. Also you set your shipping charges.

3. You ship all your items to their warehouse and they take care of everything.

Who is at fault?

AUTHOR: Larry - (U.S.A.)

I have never sold anything through Amazon so I do not know exactly how they work.

I have, however, sold tons of stuff on eBay and know that I have to state my shipping price separately from the selling price.  Therefore, if I understate the cost of shipping I take a loss.  It is my responsibility to determine the shipping costs before I list an item for sale.

Are you saying that Amazon is dictating to you what the shipping costs are? Or are you saying that you are not finding out what shipping costs will be until you are ready to ship?  If Amazon is dictating the terms of your sale, I would look for another outlet, but if you are not getting shipping costs before you list an item for sale then you have no one to blame except yourself.

I do not understand your complaint that the buyers are at fault for your loss and are dishonest if they fail to pay an amount greater than agreed on.  This irrational complaint strongly suggests that the problem is that you -- and not Amazon -- are understating shipping costs.