Complaint Review: Amazon.com GEMoney credit card

• Updated: Sun, October 03, 2010

• Reported By: Chuckl88 — San Francisco California United States of America
Amazon.com GEMoney credit card
Orlando, Florida United States of America

Amazon.com GEMoney credit card amazon.com/storecard, gemoney Purposely confusing and misleading log-in, payment information and site navigation. Orlando, Florida

Last year I received an Amazon.com store card which I never applied for. Since the credit limit was only $700.00, I decided to keep it to use as a "safe card" for online purchases at Amazon.com. But when I tried to make a payment, the problems began.

It was impossible to find a way to make a payment at Amazon.com when I was logged-on. I eventually gave up trying and called Amazon.com. They told me that the card was actually from GEMoney, and I would have to go to their website to make a payment. When I got to their website, I had the same problem; there was no way to make a payment. I then called GEMoney and was told I would have to MAIL IN my payment! Since the payment was due in five days, I told them that I doubted it would arrive in time. They told me to overnight it via FedEx! That would have cost twice what the payment was. They finally accepted a payment over the phone.

I had similar problems the next month, and the next. In  fact, I have had problems making the payment every single month since I've had the card. They charged me a late fee once, a week after I made a payment. That fee was overturned when I called them directly.

Tonight, after trying for the past two hours to access their website to make a payment, I found this Ripoffreport.com website, and decided to file a complaint.  I have never seen anything nearly as bad as the Amazon.com storecard. I love shopping at Amazon.com,and I've never had any other problems with them or their other services, but their store card supplier, GE Money, is insanely bad. I honestly can't figure out why they have not been sued, at the very least, or charged with fraud.

The only reason I keep the card (my balance is only $41.00) is to see just how much worse their service can be.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2010 05:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amazoncom-GEMoney-credit-card/Orlando-Florida-32896-0013/Amazoncom-GEMoney-credit-card-amazoncomstorecard-gemoney-Purposely-confusing-and-misle-647063. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amazon.com GEMoney credit card