Complaint Review: Amazon.com Seattle, WA

• Updated: Sun, January 17, 2010

• Reported By: Susan — Corcoran California United States of America
Amazon.com Seattle, WA
1200 12th Ave. South Ste 1200 Seattle, Washington United States of America

Amazon.com Seattle, WA Seller account suspended and money being held Seattle, Washington

*Consumer Comment: Amazon RIP OFFS

*Consumer Comment: Good ridince

*Author of original report: Amazon.com is still a ripoff!

*Consumer Comment: Amazon is a gold mine, follow their rules

I was a seller on Amazon.com for two years. I made a little money to supplement my full time job. I enjoyed selling on Amazon and put a lot of time and effort into my listings.

I was recently banned from selling due to too many cancellations. My supplier was out of stock on some popular items. Amazon is holding close to $1000 of mine. I was depending on that money for Christmas.

If anyone out there is considering selling on Amazon - don't!

Amazon has not only lost a dedicated seller, they have also lost a loyal customer. I will no longer be buying from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2009 07:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amazoncom-Seattle-WA/Seattle-Washington-98144/Amazoncom-Seattle-WA-Seller-account-suspended-and-money-being-held-Seattle-Washington-530350. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amazon.com Seattle, WA

Amazon RIP OFFS

AUTHOR: Missy9 - (United States of America)

I too sold on amazon about a year ago.  I was so pleased at how quickly I received my money and everything was so simple.  Then all of the sudden out of nowhere they come up with this rule about holding YOUR money until the item is shipped and the seller responds to the sell.  Bullshit.  They are making money off of your money and holding on to it while they draw interest on it.  They did the same thing to me but I got mine in the end and then some.  You have to know how to get around these things.  Think man, think.  Screw them like they have screwed you.  I started selling on a different site.  But it is true, people do make money with them but holding out for months at a time is a bit relentless.  They have lost thousands of customers from doing this and people who have the time and money to play with it's no big deal but people like this guy who depends on the money shouldn't have to wait if he is doing everything he should be doing.  There is life after Amazon.  Believe me before you know it they won't know what hit them because there are companies out there who will sell your stuff and won't charge an arm and a leg for it.

Good ridince

AUTHOR: B Miller - (United States of America)

Good, go make your tens of dollars a day on your own shitty website.  While educated sellers make thousands a day on Amazon.  Have fun.

Amazon.com is still a ripoff!

AUTHOR: Susan - (United States of America)

WoW! You're so awesome! I wish I was as smart as you. BTW-That's sarcasm. Believe me I have learned my lesson. I have started my own website and I am doing well. Amazon should have tried earlier to rip me off. They have still lost a loyal customer in myself, friends, relatives, and coworkers. What's Amazon's loss is my gain. They are still holding over $1000 of MY money, but I'll get it soon and put it toward my own site. To all of you holier-than-thou SOB's - you can join Amazon and bite me!

Amazon is a gold mine, follow their rules

AUTHOR: B Miller - (United States of America)

Your supplier was out of stock?  Where you a drop shipper?  I considered drop shipping when I was researching online sales.  I was specifically interested in the Amazon and Ebay venue's.  But I read their terms and conditions in refrence to account cancellations.  Both of those sites made notation about late shipments, Amazon made notations about cancellations, refund rates, and a defect rate.  Basically everything can be condenced into a formula which represents a percentage of your failures so to speak.  I understood this prior to actually selling because I did research for several months on each sites respective seller forums.  This is why I chose not to do drop shipping, I couldn't physically see the stock to verify if it was actually there or not, I couldn't see the quality of the merchandise, I could package the merchandise to insure it was done properly, and I could not send the item out when I wanted to.  These were all factors of control that I lost in my business.  All factors to which I had to meet metrics, therefore with the lack of controlling the very metrics that determine weather or not I can continue to sell, I decided I'd only sell what I could hold in my own physical inventory that I could reach out and touch.

My advise:

To anyone who wishes to sell on Amazon (Or Ebay for that matter) - Do your research, visit the forums, read and understand their rules when you sign up.  Amazon protects their brand vigilantly. Search this site and you'll see people complaining about things that are clearly laid out on their sites.  Specifically:  Account blocks/suspensions, Account reviews (Which aren't the same but idiots jump the gun and don't read passed "we're holding your money"), Sales to feeback ratios & velocity limits.

It's not that difficult, read the terms before you click "I agree".  If you did that, you'd know that Amazon also states you must have a 90 day cash flow to sell on their site as well because your money in the Amazon account could be held up to 90 days during an account review.  Had you read and understood the conditions, you could have made other arrangements for the christmas money because you'd have been educated that this is a possibility.

Those EULA's are long and boring, but they contain a wealth of information everyone should read when their money is involved....

fAlken76