Complaint Review: Amazon.com

• Reported By: Joseph — Aurora Colorado
Amazon.com
Internet, Select State/Province USA

Amazon.com Bait and Switch - Shame on Me Internet Colorado

In this, my second event of product subsititution by Amazon, In June I ordered and received what I thought was a Bull-Bar for my Honda Ridgeline. It was to be installed once an accident claim was settled. It settled in late January and so I opened the box to install the bar. To my surprise, it was a bull bar for a Toyota 4Runner, very different in both size and mounting method. I contacted the Westin, the bars manufacturer (who was not involved in the transaction). Westin confirmed the two bars are not even close. Unless I am missing it, once a product's return 'window' has expired there is no way to complain to Amazon directly. I had a very similar experience with Amazon over what was marked as a 'new' set of Oakley sunglasses. I received instead a pair with grimy fingerprints on the lenses and a small scratch on one bow. I was in Kuwait at the time so complaining and returning were both diffucult options. Incidentallhy, these products were 'sold' and shipped by Amazon, not one of their suppliers. Until Amazonb can get a grip on the quality of the work being done by their warehouses, I'd avoid products that are owned and shipped by Amazon itself. "Fool me twice...."    Buyer Beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2014 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amazoncom/Internet-Select-StateProvince/Amazoncom-Bait-and-Switch-Shame-on-Me-Internet-Colorado-1123779. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amazon.com