- Report: #804905
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Amazon.com
Amazon.comInternet United States of America
Amazon.com Amazon My boyfriend and I were both ripped off and scammed by buyers that bought things from us on Amazon. Internet, Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1) A couple years ago when I had first started out on amazon, I was simply a student trying to sell off my textbooks. When I sold my psychology book, everything went fine until the girl claimed that she never received it. I had shipped the book out and followed all the rules but she filed a claim against me stating that I was trying to rip her off. This was very upsetting to me as a new seller and a broke college student. So i appealed the claim and even gave them the USPS receipt number and date of shipment, as well as all info given to me by the USPS. Amazon didn't listen to me and ignored my side of the case and refunded her. I was out the money, and I never got the book back. I was PISSED.
2) This past month my boyfriend, (who is currently a broke college student as well), sold a dvd set on his seller's account on Amazon. The buyer didn't read the description and filed an A to Z claim on him accusing him of sending him a used broken item when the item was described as new but the outer package was opened for item testing to be sure the product worked before selling it. The buyer got very aggressive and very rude towards my boyfriend. He even said things that implied that he must have done something to damage the item. Despite my boyfriend having a perfect seller record, he proceeded with the claim against my boyfriend and continued to be extremely insulting. Then, Amazon sided with him and was quick to ignore all the facts that were on my boyfriend's side. Amazon then refunded the buyer without any delay and froze the money he just made from a separate sale. We were extremely pissed off at Amazon and their lack of caring about seller's rights. They treated him like they would act towards a business with money to spare vs treating him like a young college student barely getting by. I am deeply disturbed by how they treat their sellers. I encourage people to NEVER sell on the Amazon site.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2011 04:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amazoncom/internet/Amazoncom-Amazon-My-boyfriend-and-I-were-both-ripped-off-and-scammed-by-buyers-that-bough-804905. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.