Complaint Review: Amazon.com

• Submitted: Sat, October 23, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, October 30, 2010

• Reported By: elvance — Syosset New York United States of America
Amazon.com

Amazon.com Amazon.com LLC Recommended wrong product to compliment product I purchased Internet

*Consumer Comment: had to cancel an order once myself

*Consumer Comment: Return it...

*Consumer Comment: I have only had positive experiences with Amazon.com

I had just ordered a 5 pack of Epson #78 hi definition ink cartridges and before I made the purchase, Amazon recommended the 6th color to add to my order. So I placed the order and a couple of minutes later, I realized that Amazon recommended the ink cartridge in black for the wrong printer. When I went to cancel it a few minutes later, I got a message saying "sorry but it's too late now to cancel". That was about 5 minutes after I placed the order. I've been a long time customer of Amazon, but on their wrong recommendation, they should have at least given me a chance to cancel, as they made the wrong offer to begin with. Shame on you Amazon. There are many other online stores on the internet. If this is the shody business practices they are resorting to, all I have to say is "Goodbye" after many years of purchases! I haven't received them as of yet, so let's see what happens when I try to return it. I refuse to pay any further charges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2010 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amazoncom/internet/Amazoncom-Amazoncom-LLC-Recommended-wrong-product-to-compliment-product-I-purchased-Inte-654390. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amazon.com

had to cancel an order once myself

AUTHOR: betty.b - (United States of America)

I'm sure sorry you got the "too late to cancel" message when you tried to do so.  Personally, I had no problem in canceling an order within about 3 minutes of placing it.  I reordered the exact item, but added something else to it to get the free shipping.  I got an email confirming my cancellation and that was that.

Like the previous poster, I would suggest you contact Amazon directly if you have a problem.  It seems logical that if they suggested a product that does not work with your purchase, they would cooperate with you.

At the very least, a lesson learned on reading the info on any product someone suggests before buying it.

Hope by now you have a resolution.

Return it...

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

As a long time customer of Amazon, I have discovered that this company tends to favor the buyers. You should contact them and inquire about a return. Given the circumstances, I'm sure they will work with you.

Yes, it sucks but website recommendation apps aren't always as accurate as we'd like (not just Amazon). For example, about a year ago I bought a Kitchen-Aid hand blender from Amazon and I frequently get recommendations for items that have nothing to do with hand blenders or do not even belong in the kitchen.

Give Amazon a chance to right the situation before crying "ripoff".

I have only had positive experiences with Amazon.com

AUTHOR: Warren - (U.S.A.)

I don't know how your mixup happened, but I have been dealing with Amazon.com for years and have found them to be the best company I've ever dealt with. On two occasions I've had problems with an order from one of their vendors, and on both occasions I received a response to my complaint in less than 2 hours written by someone who really knew how to talk to a customer, and my money got immediately refunded.

I have to ask, did you even try to contact Amazons customer support? Your complaint states you haven't gotten your product yet so I wonder if you simply got mad and wrote this complaint without even giving Amazon a chance to fix the problem. From my past experience with Amazon, I'll bet if you had emailed them and explained what happened, they would have immediately made it right.

Just my opinion, and no I don't work for Amazon, I'm just a highly satisfied customer.