Complaint Review: Amazon's Mturk.com

• Submitted: Sun, October 25, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, November 27, 2011

• Reported By: melissa — los angeles California USA
Amazon's Mturk.com

Amazon's Mturk.com Mturk, Amazon Mechanical Turk, Mechanical Turk Amazon mechanical turk, Mturk, mechanical turk Internet

*General Comment: new to mturk but so far so good

Hello,

My name is Melissa and I found Amazon's Mechanical Turk (www.Mturk.com) online and it looked like a legitimate survey paying company but is a complete fraud.  Do NOT waste your time for I have already wasted a whole day taking surveys just to find out that they have the option of accepting or rejecting them once you're finished.  So, of course they just rejected all my surveys so they didn't have to pay me and they still got what they wanted.  I feel so used.  I emailed the company NFT Innovations (there client) and they refuse to respond and then I emailed Amazon and they still haven't responded.

They also charged my account $1.00 for absolutely nothing.  DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!

I already wasted one day of my life and refuse to waste any more time on this company!

Melissa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2009 10:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amazons-Mturkcom/internet/Amazons-Mturkcom-Mturk-Amazon-Mechanical-Turk-Mechanical-Turk-Amazon-mechanical-turk-514610. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amazon's Mturk.com

#1 General Comment

new to mturk but so far so good

AUTHOR: trishjesse - (United States of America)

I have only been a member of mturk for a few days but I already have enough to get a 20. gift card, and in 7 days when I can cash out I hope to have a decent amount to get Christmas present(s). Anything will help. I didn't just sign up without researching though, I downloaded an application that show reviews of the requester, if they have had bad reviews I don't click, if they have no reviews, I don't click-I know what to look for in scam HITS so luckily I have only 1 rejection so far. I have heard they suspend accounts for no reason but idk if that is true, I would say it is bad requesters that is the cause of that. SO, you won't get rich, but if you need extra spending money or whatever, or love to read like me and a 20. amazon card will get you 5 used penny books (there are lots of used good books for a penny, 3.99 with w/shipping) it is worth it. I spent months!! doing global survey with no reward and filling out long surveys only to be told I didn't meet the requirement, that doesn't happen with mturk.