Complaint Review: Ambassadors for Christ, Inc

• Updated: Thu, July 17, 2014

• Reported By: Kelleehatescams — Detroit Michigan
Ambassadors for Christ, Inc
Internet USA

Ambassadors for Christ, Inc Pastor. Christopher A. Volpe Looking for an energetic clerk/e-mail assistant to organize and develop our new online Christian digest business. We are a small Christian Weekly Digest Distribution Business that is completely family owned and we are in need of email assistance.  Pearl River, New York 10965 Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: They've changed their name to Christ's Emissary, Inc.

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: I'm one of the victim from Ambassadors for Christ, Inc

We are looking for someone with a great attitude that is reliable and who works independently, is organized, motivated and multi-tasked. Be sure to earn up to $400 Weekly and you dont need to pay any extra cash to get this job. This individual must have good A minimum of three (3) months demonstrated experience with computers, including the Internet, Email applications (Hotmail/ GMail. Yahoo!) or other related Internet service email apps If these qualifications match you, please reply to this add. Due to the high volume of replies We receive, any emailed reply that DOES NOT CONTAIN A PHONE NUMBER or a CV/RESUME without a phone number,name and address WILL BE DELETED. Ambassadors for Christ, Inc Cell: (631) 953-2247 Home: (805) 874-7090 Pastor. Christopher A. Volpe Ambassadors for Christ, Inc Pearl River, New York 10965 United States

FRAUD ALERT

Please be advised that the name of this charity and its director are being utilized without authorization in an unquestionably deceptive and fraudulent manner since at least May 2013.

The following ad, presented verbatim below, has been circulating on internet job sites:

Looking for an energetic clerk/e-mail assistant to organize and develop our new online Christian digest business. We are a small Christian Weekly Digest Distribution Business that is completely family owned and we are in need of email assistance. We are looking for someone with a great attitude that is reliable and who works independently, is organized, motivated and multi-tasked. Be sure to earn up to $400 Weekly and you dont need to pay any extra cash to get this job.

Cell: (631) 953-2247
Home: (505) 399-7469

This ad is posted on a website called oDesk but can be found elsewhere as well. Although it may appear with minor variations, this ‘job’ opportunity is a sham and should not be pursued.

The following is an actual email sent to a victim detailing the ‘work’ that individuals are expected to perform:

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 11:06 AM, W Job United State "christianjobwire@yahoo.com" wrote:

Hello

Thanks for the response, Your application has been reviewed and granted.
Below is explanation about what you'll be doing.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING

You will be sending our Christian digest to our on line subscribers through email. The digest and the email address you'll send the digest to will be e-mailed to you and you'll be instructed on when to send the digest to the email addresses. You'll open another email address which you'll be using to send the digest.

If you are interested in this position please respond to this email, so that I may send you the Employment Agreement.

If you have any questions about this job don't hesitate to send them to me.

I'll attach a sample copy of the digest which you'll be sending, later in my next email after receiving your information, just for you to see that this is legitimate.

Get back to me ASAP.

Thank you.
CHRIST EMBASSY

The perpetrator(s) have gone so far as to impersonate me via email as if I were a pastor. The following examples are actual responses to victims:

On 09/16/2013 02:09 AM, W Job United State wrote:

Morning, how was your night and your weekend? I welcome you into the new week in the name of Jesus. I have attached today's digest. Bye for now.

Pastor. CHRISTOPHER A. ZUCCARO
Pearl River, New York 10965
United States

This one contains instructions that reveal the core chicanery involved:

On 09/16/2013 03:17 PM, W Job United State wrote:

I want to commend you for the job well done. I will like to inform you that I just receive a message from the company that help in paying the church online staff salary that your pay check have been mailed and delivered to you via the ups.

Take the check to your bank and deposit it into your bank account as soon as you receive it and get back to me after that. (NAME DELETED), you will help in accounting work by sending some money to a church in Tennessee because the check send to you is for $1950 and that is more than your pay and I will like if you can help with this. I promise you additional $50 for helping us with this. I have sent you today's digest earlier and I hope you got it? Thanks and bye for now.

Pastor. CHRISTOPHER A. ZUCCARO
Pearl River, New York 10965
United States

Victims are sent more ‘pay’ than they are expecting with a request to forward some of it elsewhere for additional compensation. I believe the checks are phony and as soon as someone sends money “to a church in Tennessee” they have been robbed.

Since May, I have received numerous phone calls from all over the country by people who think they are working for me. Although my name and contact information are not in the want ad, people research the charity, find this site, and either assume all is legitimate or call me to verify. It is at this point that I inform them of the illegitimacy of their ‘job’ and advise them not to mail or wire money to anyone.

I have filed an official report with the IC3 (Internet Crime Complaint Center) which is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C). I strongly encourage anyone caught up in this swindle to do the same at http://www.ic3.gov.

Christopher A. Zuccaro – The Real One
Pearl River, New York
September 29, 2013

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2014 07:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ambassadors-for-Christ-Inc/internet/Ambassadors-for-Christ-Inc-Pastor-Christopher-A-Volpe-Looking-for-an-energetic-clerke-1162750. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ambassadors for Christ, Inc

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

They've changed their name to Christ's Emissary, Inc.

AUTHOR: Anon - (USA)

I too responded to this application via oDesk. They're new business name is "Christ's Emissary, Inc." I did one week of work for them and when an employment contract or a check for back-owed work was not produced, I stopped working for them. I haven't seen any money at all for the weeks I worked.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

I'm one of the victim from Ambassadors for Christ, Inc

AUTHOR: digletz - ()

This is what I happened, someone sent me e-mail about this position.

The sender name : Frank Shyu

Ambassadors for Christ, Inc
Cell: (631) 953-2247
Home: (805) 874-7090

I replied and agreed to worked with this clowned. After awhile,he sent me the " fake check" for my 2 weeks salary. The check was more than what it supposed, and he/ she asked me to sent the rest for "donation" to one of the church in North Carolina. Receiver's Name: Becky Sandefur
City: Raleigh
State: NC
Zip Code: 27616

He fooled me really good and I sent $1025 to this person through western union. I reported this matter to the police and to western union fraud too. I even report this to fraud.org

I know people can fake their IP address, but when I saw the IP address it shows in Mountain View, CA.

Dian Gletscher