Complaint Review: Amber Kelly

• Submitted: Fri, April 08, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, April 08, 2011

• Reported By: DCGirl — Washington District of Columbia United States of America
Amber Kelly

Amber Kelly Offered a great deal on an apartment that wasnt real, Internet

I found a listing on craigslist for a great apartment in Dupont Circle, Washington, DC. I emailed the poster, even though it seemed too good to be true. She sent me back a wonderful email but I thought it still sounded too good to be true. So I Googled for "Amber Kelly Scam" and sure enough the exact email I received had been sent to people in other cities trying to get them to rent bogus apartments as well. While I am bummed we cant get this apartment now I am so grateful to those who posted about it before me. So hopefully my post can keep others from getting scammed as well. Here is what she sent me:

Hello,
       Thanks for taking the time to look at my property.My name is Kelly Amber,I'm 39 years old,I'm the owner of this condo(1 bedrooms,1 bathrooms, 865 square footage).It's located in 1325 18th St NW,Washington,DC 20036.The unit is equipped with recessed lighting, central air and heat, the condo come with two parking spots,a storage unit where you can deposit my furniture (if you don't like it and you want use your furniture),there is also a linen closet, and most importantly, a new front loading stacked washer and dryer.Pets allowed.I've moved to United Kingdom with my job and decided to rent it because the rent is very expensive here.The price is so low because I'm here and is very hard to find a tenant.I can rent you the condo for min. 1 month and max. 6 years(or more).I really want to find a good and responsible tenant for it, and I hope that you can send me some personal information about yourself.The rent for whole the condo for 1 month is $800.00 including all utilities(water,electricity, internet, cable, parking , airconditioning, fireplace, dishwasher, garbage) and the security deposit is $800.00 (you'll get the deposit back at your departure-or you can use it to pay your last month of rent) and I want to receive the money monthly in my bank account. You can move in the condo in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is that I`m the only person who has the keys and I have nobody in United States that could show you the condo. In order to check it, see if you like it(I'm sure that you'll love it), you need to receive the keys and the contract.
If you want to rent the condo, please e-mail me back and I will explain you how the payment and shipping will take place!

Here are a few pictures:

Have a nice day

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2011 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amber-Kelly/internet/Amber-Kelly-Offered-a-great-deal-on-an-apartment-that-wasnt-real-Internet-715497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amber Kelly