Complaint Review: Amber Pet Alert

• Updated: Wed, November 28, 2012

• Reported By: April — Barstow California United States of America
Amber Pet Alert
8605 Santa Monica Blvd Los Angeles, California United States of America

Amber Pet Alert - Petamberalert.com Heartless predators who take advantage of people who've lost their pets Los Angeles, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Completely false.

This company is a scam that takes money from people who are in desperate need of help in finding their lost pets.

My dog had gotten out of our yard and in my panic I found this website in hopes it would help me in finding her. I never received a confirmation email. When I called, I only got their answering machine. I finally got a reply to my second email to them, only to be told to check my spam folder. They were added to my safe senders list already, which I informed them.

After a few emails, I requested a list of where the flyers were sent to, only to be told their processing department would be notified and would get back to me nlt the 17th of Feb. I still have not heard from them. I emailed them again this morning requesting a full refund, which they stated in their last email to me I would receive a full refund if they could not provide my requested list, which I have not.

I am now awaiting my full refund and I am also going to report them to the Better Business Bureau. I do not understand how this "company" can still be allowed to falsely advertise on the internet when after doing more research on them, it is a known fact that they are not legitimate. They do nothing but charge consumers for providing false hope that they are actually helping them in finding their lost pets.

I am totally disgusted by these people. I have let my family and friends know to pass the word that both sites being used by this scam artist are fake and nothing but a rip off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2010 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amber-Pet-Alert/Los-Angeles-California-90069/Amber-Pet-Alert-Petamberalertcom-Heartless-predators-who-take-advantage-of-people-whov-571294. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amber Pet Alert

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Completely false.

AUTHOR: Mark - (United States of America)

PetAmberAlert.com is an automated service which allows each user to login online, click on "my alerts" and download the alert log + map. This is the "proof" that shows each order was processed. Phone alerts will show the listing of neighbors, and a time stamped log of calls placed by the computer. Each call is noted as a "Live Answer", "Answering Machine Message" or "No Answer".  Fax alerts will show a log of each business and a fax transmission status from our in house fax server.

PetAmberAlert.com is the #1 lost pet notification system in the USA with over 30,000+ satisfied customers.