Complaint Review: Amber Pet Alert

• Submitted: Mon, October 12, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, October 02, 2012

• Reported By: Annonymous — San Diego California U.S.A.
Amber Pet Alert
http://www.amberpetalert.com/ Internet United States of America

Amber Pet Alert - amberpetalert.com Lost pet alert notification service Internet

*Consumer Comment: Pet Amber Alert-scam

*General Comment: my call seems to have gone out

*Consumer Comment: TOTAL SCAM

*Author of original report: 'Owner of Company" is a liar

*General Comment: Company is a Scam

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: AmberPetAlert is not a Scam

*Author of original report: They claim they aren't a scam....but they are

When my pet went missing, I tried everything I could to locate her.
I searched the internet and found

The company promise:

A Lost Pet Amber Alert will send poster alerts with photos, descriptions and details to Veterinarians, Animal Shelters, Animal Control, Media Outlets, Pet Stores and Neighborhood Watch Volunteers within a 50 to 200 mile radius of where your pet was last seen.

Hundreds to thousands of people will receive your LOST PET ALERT and will be on the lookout for your lost pet. They are also encouraged to make at least 10 copies of the poster to post in public areas.

I paid one hundred dollars to have alerts sent out within a 200 mile radius.

The alerts were never sent out, although the page did generate a 'lost' poster alert that I could print, nothing was actually sent out for my 'order'.

I have left messages and sent emails demanding proof and my calls/emails are ignored.

I want a refund or I will continue to post this and spread the word about this ripoff that takes advantage of heartbroken pet owners when they are vulnerable and willing to do everything to spread the word about their lost pet. This company takes advantage of the loss by taking your money and doing nothing more than posting a little line about it on their page. No cost incurred for mailings/fed ex like they 'claim'.

BEWARE OF THIS SCAM!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2009 10:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amber-Pet-Alert/internet/Amber-Pet-Alert-amberpetalertcom-Lost-pet-alert-notification-service-Internet-507958. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amber Pet Alert

Pet Amber Alert-scam

AUTHOR: spoobell4 - (United States of America)

My experience with Pet Amber alert was I paid to have 200.00 to have 250 fliers sent out ina 200 mile radius to local businesses and neighborhoods in that radius. All veterinarian facilities wuld be ntified and any shelters. I also paid 9.95 for every month thereafter for a "communication" fee. What I go was one posting of my dog 1 time on craigslist. That's all!!! I expected the 9.95 commuunication fee was for keeping posts current. Thiey dd NOT send any fliers to nearby vet facilities not in the neighborhood where my dog was lost. None of tthe veterinarians had received any informayion about my missing dog. I went to the website and tried t contact them but no one has contacted me and its been 4 months. I did not qualify for a refund because it was more than a month from the time I placed my add. I did not receive the service I expected. I do not recommend using this service.

#2 General Comment

my call seems to have gone out

AUTHOR: ckwc - (United States of America)

I sent a call out and apparently it used my cell phone number on the caller ID because I have been swamped with calls about who am I and why did I call them. (They either didn't get a message or didn't listen.)  At least I know the call went out to some people, I guess.

TOTAL SCAM

AUTHOR: ChristianB - (United States of America)

I've been dealing with this company for 4 days. After paying for two alerts, making numerous phone calls, sending several emails, and chatting to customer support online... I still have nothing but a list of people who they SAY they contacted in Kalamazoo, MI. Unfortunately, I live in OKLAHOMA! (((Redacted)))

'Owner of Company" is a liar

AUTHOR: Nanny - (U.S.A.)

The 'owner of company' claims that after months of not finding a pet, I was angry and nasty about a refund? Not so, I emailed and called repeatedly with no reply received. I asked many times, after my initial payment, for proof that they did what they said they would do with my payment. NO REPLY RECEIVED. It was after many attempts to ask for proof that they indeed sent out fliers, etc. that I finally told them I would post it until I was refunded. They are a fraudulent company who prey on the emotions of lost pet owners who are willing to do anything and pay anyone to help find their lost pet. They take the money, post a 1/8th of an inch blurb on a website and THAT is not worth the 100 dollars I paid for fliers to be mailed out.
FRAUDS
SCAMMERS
DO NOT TRUST THEIR LIES
The owner lies!!!!!

#5 General Comment

Company is a Scam

AUTHOR: Kyndrid - (United States of America)

I had a nightmare experience with this company yet have been very polite in my dealings.  I have requested a Recipient List multiple times.  They will not provide such a list.  Nor have any posters ever been sent out.

They will provide you with a refund when pushed.  Most people do not verify that the posters have been sent out and so their pets remain lost.  So it costs them very little to refund the money to those few who try to verify their actions.  Do NOT let them get away with this.  Thier actions are criminal and should be dealt with as such.

This company has also been the target of a news report by KTLA warning people.  http://www.ktla.com/news/extras/ktla-missing-pets,0,600340.story

Please do not use this company and I urge people to make a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and to consider legal action.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AmberPetAlert is not a Scam

AUTHOR: AmberPetAlert.com - (United States of America)

We provide a full money back guarantee on all services as well as proof of all agencies contacted. The customer did not find her pet after months and requested a refund with a nasty attitude of being scammed when it was not the case.

Customer quote -

" I want a refund or I will continue to post this and spread the word about this ripoff"

If she had politely explained her situation instead of complaint threats and lies then we would have processed it immediately.

They claim they aren't a scam....but they are

AUTHOR: Nanny - (U.S.A.)

This is taken from their website...BUT what they don't tell you is that when you pay for the alert and request their 'partial list', they don't respond and you never get the list they claim they will provide. They take your money and run.....

How do I know this is not a Scam ?

AmberPetAlerts are sent via FedEx Express directly into the hands of the recipients. All Amber Alerts are tracked online and must be sign for. We can also provide you with a partial list of shelters/vets contacted for you to follow up and for verification that the alerts have been received (we guarantee an 99% delivery rate). AmberPetAlert.com is a certified TRUSTes sealholder. TRUSTe Sealholders include the most trustworthy online businesses.