Complaint Review: Ambit Energy

• Reported By: NetGuy — Victoria Texas United States of America
Ambit Energy
P.O. Box 660462 Dallas, Texas United States of America

Ambit Energy Green trumps Customer Service Dallas, Texas

I've been an Ambit customer since 2005 with no problems until this last month. I was slammed by a Entrust Energy door to door salesman, I didn't realize it until I had paid my bill and realized it was about $235 more that my bill. I contacted Ambit and asked about the increase and was told that $199 went to a disconnect fee. After explaining that I had been slammed they told me to report the incident, when I asked about the $199, they said "after the investigation it would be credited towards future invoices," another words, you screwed up and gave us to much money and we're keeping it.

After filing a report to the PUCT, I asked about the "disconnect fee" and PUCT said they would look into it. The next morning I received a call from Ambit, irritated about the complaint; they said they would return the fee, but it was Ambit policy not to do so and that I had agreed to the policy (don't remember anything about slamming and termination fee though). It's been almost a month, the fee is still on my bill and when I spoke to Ambit's customer service, I was told "it hasn't been released by billing yet;" of course not, I was only billed for $45, there is $175 left to apply to "future invoices." I guess it's another call to PUCT to find out if I'm in the no cost money loaning business!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2012 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ambit-Energy/Dallas-Texas-75266-0462/Ambit-Energy-Green-trumps-Customer-Service-Dallas-Texas-933665. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ambit Energy