Complaint Review: Ambit Energy

• Updated: Tue, January 15, 2013

• Reported By: Frank — Greendell New Jersey United States of America
Ambit Energy
PO Box 660462 Plano, Texas United States of America

Ambit Energy DECEPTIVE ELECTRICITY RATES PENALIZE GREEN ENERGY CONSUMER Plano, Texas

As green energy home owner in the State of New Jersey, I switched to Ambit Energy as my electricity provider.  My nephew had become a member of the Ambit multi-level network asked me to sign up in July, 2012.  The sales pitch by my nephew and confirmed on its website was that Ambit would lower my monthly electric rates and overall utility cost.

We had the Ambit service for four month and never knew what their charges were.  There was no actual Ambit billing data on our monthly statement issued by JCP&L, our power line provider.  We thought that our solar panels were generating enough electricity to neutralize Ambit billing.

Then, without cause, Ambit dropped us as customer.  All of the sudden, four months of billing were posted by Ambit, all of which was not offset by the energy credits produced by our green energy system.

We contacted JCP&L about the discrepancy.  They noted that Ambit might not have allowed for the solar credits.  Than I spoke to Ambit Customer Service.  The representative confirmed that her company does not allow green energy credits.

The Ambit website notes the following:
"Green, 12 Months    10.94 per kWh Certified Green Select 12 Month Term: Power your energy needs while making the world a cleaner place."

While the multi-level marketing company touts the virtues of green energy, they, however, penalized us by charging nearly double for net consumption after excluding green credits. It was done, surreptitiously, upon dropping their service.

This is a ripoff!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2013 02:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ambit-Energy/Plano-Texas-75266/Ambit-Energy-DECEPTIVE-ELECTRICITY-RATES-PENALIZE-GREEN-ENERGY-CONSUMER-Plano-Texas-997380. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ambit Energy