• Report: #841943

• Updated: Sun, February 19, 2012

• Reported By: Jim — Irving Texas United States of America
Ambit Energy
P.O. Box 660462 Internet United States of America

Ambit Energy Fraudulent business practices and customer charges for company errors, Internet

Company internal database somehow corrupts information for my credit card on file and charges through automatic payment do not go through. Phone rep verifies that my information is correct over the phone yet computer information accessed from my home computer has mysteriously changed. Company sent me disconnect notice for utility service. Company waives disconnect fee and rebills my credit card with information that they already have on file and the problem is fixed. Same problem occurs the following month. Ambit is called again, phone representative helps again and fixes problem. Disconnect fees are waived again because they admit this is their error.

MONTHLY CHARGES GO FROM $200 TO $545 OVER TWO MONTHS Ambit changes my service from a 8.88 cent per KWH rate to a 18.0 cent per KWH rate without notice and my bill rises from $200 to $545 per month. I only notice this after 3 months of ever increasing bills over the winter. This rate change is "allowable" as per their disconnect notice. Unfortunately for them, they admittedly erroneously handled my account and should not have had sent the disconnect notice in the first place. Now I am requesting credit for the three months of over-billing.

The main reason for posting this is to see if this "computer error" is a common practice for Ambit Energy and a way for them to rip-off customers. I could see this as a simple mistake if it happened once to me.  BUT to see them lose my credit card information two months in a row and then see the spike in energy pricing that resulted makes me think this is more of a planned program for profit.  Perhaps this is because I am a Spanish speaking customer they think they can get away with this?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2012 08:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ambit-Energy/internet/Ambit-Energy-Fraudulent-business-practices-and-customer-charges-for-company-errors-Inter-841943. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ambit Energy