Complaint Review: Amcor Group USA

• Updated: Tue, July 08, 2014

• Reported By: Layla — Portland Oregon
Amcor Group USA
Nationwide USA

Amcor Group USA Amcor PVM 12000E Portable Air Conditioner Caved in the plaster of my ceiling and nearly set my son's bedroom on fire Nationwide

I purchased an Amcor PVM 12000E air conditioner in July of 2009.  Last year the plaster in the ceiling of the room below where it was installed collapsed.  The unit had begun leaking, which was not discovered until it had done major damage.  We fixed the ceiling and cleared the block in the line.  We plugged it back in this year and monitored for leaks.  It seemed fine.  Then yesterday it began billowing smoke out of nowhere.  Luckily I was in my five-year old son's room when it happened.  We could have died.  This model has dangerous design flaws, and I am absolutely livid.  Their emails are bouncing back and their web domain is for sale.  There is no way to contact the company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2014 06:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amcor-Group-USA/nationwide/Amcor-Group-USA-Amcor-PVM-12000E-Portable-Air-Conditioner-Caved-in-the-plaster-of-my-ceil-1160336. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amcor Group USA