Complaint Review: Ameican Airlines

• Submitted: Thu, September 28, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, December 20, 2006

• Reported By:Keller Texas
Ameican Airlines
ameican airlines.com Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Ameican Airlines rude abusive customer service agent richard Ripoff Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: Excellent choice, Phil.

*UPDATE Employee: Working in Las Vegas in the baggage claim area

*Consumer Suggestion: Your statements contradict one another

*Author of original report: I am the victim

*Consumer Comment: Website explains it all.

I picked up up my elderly 82 yr. old and disabled vet father at DFW on 9-25-06. I saw that his bag was broken the next day after I got him to his home. I looked on the AA web site and saw that I had 24 hr. to fill out a damaged bag report for repairs. I tried to use the on line report system but it was so poorly worded that I could not get it to operate. After much effort on dealing with automatied phone lines I got a person at DFW baggage who told me to fax a man named Paul about my problem. I was not able to fax any one as I am disabled myself and had no transportation to a supermarket customer service center where I can fax things. Paul does not take phone calls or emails from customers. I called a customer service center and got a agent named richard. At first he tried to tell me that it was not his dept. and tried to refer me back to where had been. I tried to tell him my story and he instantly told me that the time limit was wrong over and over again. finally I told him that I was reading it off the web site. He told me the web site was wrong and fixing the web site was not his job. I asked where he was, he said Dallas which was the worst city in the world. I asked who his supervisor was he said danielle jenkens. I asked to speak to her, he said she does not take phone calls from customers as she is too busy with her job. I asked what his last name was he said he was not going to tell me and I should get off his phone line now. Then he hung up on me. I still have a broken bag that I can not get fixed and no body to help me. The only good thing about AA is that AA is not United. In that AA never promised to refund passangers tickets then refuse to do so after 911 and United did. AA & United did however work together to stop government oversite of air security in the US as did all air carriers in that security was to expensive. 911 stoped most but not all of that. Thank god for El Al which I will fly in the future.

Phil
Keller, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2006 11:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ameican-Airlines/Dallas-Texas/Ameican-Airlines-rude-abusive-customer-service-agent-richard-Ripoff-Dallas-Texas-213201. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ameican Airlines

Excellent choice, Phil.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Your choice for future air travel is the ONLY airline that has NEVER been hijacked...El Al.

This is for one simple reason. They PROFILE the passengers. It works. When they talk to you, they are listening for the way you answer. If they don't like your answer, you don't fly with them.

Working in Las Vegas in the baggage claim area

AUTHOR: Bob - (U.S.A.)

I would like to tell you what is covered for a (damage claim) on baggage.

In a nut shell its just the contents of the bag. Limited to clothing only. On the baggage, the only thing is covered is the one handle on the side of the bag.

And that is it. No wheels, zippers, pockets (or the contense in side the pockets), extention handles, or any other object attched to the bag other than that one handle on the side. Or of the bag only came with one handle then that is covered. Cuts to the outside of the bag is covered, but rips to the seams are not. I have worked in the airlines for the last 20 years and trust me when I say, the more you spend on the quality of a bag the longer it will last.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Your statements contradict one another

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

While I appreciate your situation, your statements clearly contradict one another.

"I picked up up my elderly 82 yr. old and disabled vet father at DFW on 9-25-06."

"I saw that his bag was broken the next day after I got him to his home."

"I was not able to fax any one as I am disabled myself and had no transportation to a supermarket customer service center where I can fax things."

As I read this, you were able to get transportation to the airport on 09/25. Then you were able to get transportation to your father's home "the next day", which would have been 09/26. However, you are unable to get "transportation to a supermarket customer service center where I can fax things." ??? Are you actually saying that there are no cabs, for example? I'm sorry, but this makes no sense to me, especially considering that it's a reasonable assumption that the supermarket is considerably closer to your home than either your father's home and certainly DFW. Isn't that correct?

Also, how significant is the damage if it went totally unnoticed by the both of you until the next day? I think that's going to be an issue as well. But, I would still send a hard copy letter to AA and ask for their assistance. They may be able to help you in the interest of goodwill, etc. Good luck!

I am the victim

AUTHOR: Phil - (U.S.A.)

Richard repeatedly insistied that the time limit was four hours not 24. Even though this was not his dept. and wanted nothing to do with it he still felt qualified to argue with me about AA website quality.

Website explains it all.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

I went to the AA website and this is what it states regarding claims for damages:

"All damage claims should be reported in person prior to leaving the airport. This notification must take place within 24 hours for domestic flights (or for international flights, 7 days) after the arrival of the flight on which the bag was checked. The damaged article(s) need to be presented for inspection at the airport where AA personnel are responsible for the final resolution of your damage claim."

I suppose this would apply for any damage to the luggage itself as well as any items carried inside.