Complaint Review: Ameri-Source Publications

• Submitted: Thu, February 05, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, February 17, 2004

• Reported By:Edgartown Massachusetts
Ameri-Source Publications
100 Walnut Street, Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Ameri-Source Publications ripoff Champlain New York

*Consumer Comment: It's the Same Scammers Who Do World Wide Source, IT Data Direct and American Solutions Information. My Advice, Hang Up on Them, Report Them to the AG!

I received a notice dated Jan 16, 2004 stating we are past due on an invoice for $299.95. I had not received the original invoice and I also knew that, the company that I work for has had a problem with this company before. I thought the issue had been resolved.

We fell for this scam in 2000 and actually paid an invoice at the time. I attempted to call their Customer Service Department to no avail on numerous occasions between Jan 16, 2004 and Jan 30, 2004 when I received a Final Notice stating that our account would be transferred to their Collections Department.

I finally got in touch with a representative who told me that the contract signed in 2000 was a "rollover" contract that leaves the responsibility to cancel with us. However, she would not let me cancel until next cycle in 2005. Moreover, when I requested a copy of the agreement in question, she told me they can not produce it from as far back as 2000. I requested proof of our "binding agreement" numerous times through our conversation and she said that our prior payment constitutes that proof.

I tried to reason with her, saying we are a very small local company that only advertises within its community and thus does not need a business listing in another state.

I finally confronted her about the fact that, before our conversation, I had researched her company and had found numerous complaints on the web. She proceeded to explain that she constantly gets phone calls from people that are coming up "with all sorts of crazy ways to get out of paying a bill."

I refused to pay the bill once again and she threatened me with legal action.
Any advice?

Victoria
Edgartown, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2004 01:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ameri-Source-Publications/Champlain-New-York-12919/Ameri-Source-Publications-ripoff-Champlain-New-York-1029307. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ameri-Source Publications

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Dear Victoria,

These people are also their own collection agency: American Solutions Information [how convenient].

The worst mistake you can make is to pay these creeps.

They are a total scam as reported by Lis Van Berkel elsewhere on this site. They are aggresive [vicious is probably a better word] as you can see from the posts of their "happy employees." They hate me with a passion, especially "Mark" because I am exposing this company for the fraud that it is. I guess I'm ruining his life from the tone of his comments.

Vermont made these creeps pay a hefty fine and banned them from doing business there. Otther states are following suit and you should report the scammers to the authorities and then let them know you've reported them.

Their 'database' is apparently nothing more than a stack of 3" x 5" cards with addresses farmed from other directories. They can harass you and harass you but that is all they can do. They are really in Montreal, Quebec or Halifax, Nova Scotia so don't look for them to actually try to sue you. They'd lose anyway if they did. Their "contract" is a fabrication -- has ANYONE ever seen an actual written agreement from these people?

So screen your calls and dump these losers. They are a total fraud.