Complaint Review: AmeriCredit

• Submitted: Tue, February 24, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, February 24, 2004

• Reported By:Middletown New York
Canada Or USA Fort Worth, Texas U.S.A.

AmeriCredit Financial Services ***WARNING*** Need A Car? Have Bad Credit or No Credit? Steer Clear of AmeriCredit!!! Fort Worth Texas

AmeriCredit Financial Services is a crooked business and charges very high interest for those with no credit or bad credit.

I had an auto loan through AmeriCredit for a 1996 Nissan Sentra GXE that I bought used at a Nissan dealership in NY. I was given a high interest rate to pay which was 22.9%.

I had bad credit with a previous bankruptcy but I needed a car. I was making my payments to AmeriCredit with a slow payment history but I always made good on them within time.

In July of 2003, I received a call from a woman in the Canada office. She wanted to "secure" payment on the past due amounts but asked me if I wanted to just hand over the car. I said I needed the car and promised the payment of over $500 that day via Western Union. I called her after I made the payment with the control number as she requested. I was "Looking good now" as I only owed them the deferment fee of $110 that I was told could be paid in a week. TWO DAYS later the car was repossessed.

The repo man where I picked up my plates said that AmeriCredit is "the most crooked of all of the financing companies." I wish I could warn any future consumers of this company. They told me I could NOT refinance my loan which I later found out was a blatant LIE!

I now have a judgement against me in the amount of greater than $5,000. They KINDLY knocked down $3,000 off of the amount in default.

They make mutually agreeable payment arrangements only to come and take your car AFTER they get more money from you!

Middletown, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2004 09:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AmeriCredit/Fort-Worth-Texas/AmeriCredit-Financial-Services-WARNING-Need-A-Car-Have-Bad-Credit-or-No-Credit-81748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AmeriCredit