Complaint Review: AmeriGas

• Updated: Fri, February 08, 2013

• Reported By: SluggoMagoo — Ellington Connecticut United States of America
AmeriGas
400 Hartford Turnpike InterneHampton, Connecticut United States of America

AmeriGas Over Charged, Raised Rates 60% in 30 days, Total Rip Off Interne Hampton, Connecticut

I started using AmeriGas a couple of years ago because I moved into a new house and I heard too

many bad things about the existing propane company so I called them. The rates were about fifty cents cheaper and I got free tanks, so I said why not. Everything was fine up until the end of last year. The delivery man damaged my front door by prying the door open and jamming the receipt inside the door jam. I had that storm door installed to keep out the cold air and it cost me $400.00 installed. What good does it do me if now the door wont seal. So today I got my bill from the fill on 2/8. This is exactly 31 days since my last fill. The bill was real high so I did the math and found out the propane rate went for $2.47 per gallon to $3.88 per gallon. Thats 60% higher than it was last month. I checked around and nobody I know is paying that much for propane in Connecticut. This is total BS. I called their number to complain and they said they would notify the local office to have them contact me and nothing!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2013 03:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AmeriGas/InterneHampton-Connecticut-06247/AmeriGas-Over-Charged-Raised-Rates-60-in-30-days-Total-Rip-Off-Interne-Hampton-Connec-1011039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AmeriGas