• Report: #205105

• Submitted: Tue, August 08, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, August 08, 2006

• Reported By:Hawley Pennsylvania
AmeriGas
RR2 Box 2129D Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

AmeriGas ripoff Termination Fee that equals refunded gas Stroudsburg Pennsylvania

I asked this company three months ago to cancel my service and take away the tanks that I was renting. After they continously ignored my request (and subsequently sent me more bills with late fees for three months) they FINALLY (this month) took away the tanks. Unfortunately, they still are trying to charge me for a late fee.

In addition, I was suppose to get refunded for my unused gas. Instead of refunding me for my unused (already paid for) gas, they charged me a "termination fee" that equalled exactly what my refund should have been.

Total RIP off. Seems all too convenient if you ask me. Has anyone else been charge this "termination fee". I looked on the website and apparently this is for administrative charges associated with closing the account. I should charge THEM for all the time I had to deal with them over the past three months to get this account closed!! Also, how on earth do they come up with a $71.06 termination which is EXACTLY the same amount that they should refund me for?

Kristina
Hawley, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2006 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AmeriGas/Stroudsburg-Pennsylvania-18360/AmeriGas-ripoff-Termination-Fee-that-equals-refunded-gas-Stroudsburg-Pennsylvania-205105. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AmeriGas