Complaint Review: AmeriPOS

• Submitted: Thu, April 01, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, April 01, 2004

• Reported By:Rochester Minnesota
AmeriPOS
1250 East Hallandale Blvd, Suite 505 Hallandale, Florida U.S.A.

AmeriPOS Business Practices Unethical Ripoff Has not met its obligations to fulfill agreement between distributors Hallandale Florida

I invested $18,980 for terminals and paid and additional $1,328 in USE tax. My initial investment was February 2003.

When first approached, the party that I called, said that I had to "lock in" on my territory by putting the money down. The BBB did not have any reports on their website so I invested and took a risk. They gave me references to call and everyone was GUNG HO.

All the literature that they mailed said that they would locate businesses who are willing to have the terminal at their firm (as I am a current distributor), but AmeriPOS has not met this obligation.

The first locator who has been promoted within the company wanted to locate my terminals, but would have me go to the most "seedy" places that would generate nothing.

All their literature PROMISED that investors would make $10/day minimum once the terminal was located. I made approximately $150 in 10 months. It was a far cry from the promised $10/day (8 terminals) or $2400/month. I even thought that if I made $500/month I could pay my loans.

I have connections with printers, so I told the locator that they should give me some printing business since the terminals were not doing ANYTHING. He hooked me up with a good buddy (a financial success according to him) of his that needed some cards printed. A few months later, he was employed by AmeriPOS. Of course, I never got any business from him.

They try to make it sound as if they are working for you, but are only keeping the distributors appeased (somewhat!!).

I received a phone call from another POS group (a former employee of Radiant Telecom who supplies AmeriPOS with all its cards). Apparently that gentleman had BAD EXPERIENCES at Radiant. Do you think that I am investing in them too? Hell no!

By the way, I hinted about the other company wanting me to invest in them to my locator, and the phone has been ringing off the hook! Hopefully, I will be able to get my money back in full.

Do not invest in this company. You will get a better return by throwing your money out the window or going to Las Vegas.

Kenneth
Rochester, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2004 06:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AmeriPOS/Hallandale-Florida-33009/AmeriPOS-Business-Practices-Unethical-Ripoff-Has-not-met-its-obligations-to-fulfill-agreem-86285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AmeriPOS