Complaint Review: AmeriPlan USA

• Updated: Fri, March 16, 2007

• Reported By:Corbett Oregon
AmeriPlan USA
Plano, Texas United States of America

AmeriPlan USA BEWARE! They will rip you off offering home business! ripoff Plano Texas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Just The Opposite

I answered an ad on Craigslist/Portland, OR, for a home-based business. I was contacted by a woman based in Fl. by the name of Alicia Lipman who explained that this was a business based in health insurance and that they had a $1.00 special to recv. info from the Co. Intrigued, I agreed to give her my CC #(STUPID). She, and her collogues, then started emailing and calling me immediately (this is on the same day!).

I realized that I wanted nothing to do with it and responded both to her calls and emails telling her I wasn't interested in continuing on any level and to stop contacting me. Two months later I realized that I was being billed $50.00 a month for something I thought I'd cancelled and had not used! When I contacted the Co. I was told that I had to WRITE A LETTER to cancel, which I did, and was subsequently billed again! It's been a nightmare, and I still don't know if I'm out of the water - it's been $150.00 worth of remorse so far. DO NOT GO NEAR THIS CO.!

I've contacted the Better Business Bureau for help, and to report them.

Robin Corbett, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2007 08:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AmeriPlan-USA/Plano-Texas/AmeriPlan-USA-BEWARE-They-will-rip-you-off-offering-home-business-ripoff-Plano-Texas-236590. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AmeriPlan USA

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Just The Opposite

AUTHOR: Gary - (U.S.A.)

I worked with Ameriplan for three months. I made four sales and I began receiving commission the following month. I received the appropriate commission as each member paid their monthly fees. I did not pay my monthly fee because of severe financial constraints. I still got my check from Ameriplan.

I found the problem with my success was me. Had I known what I know now, I would have made several changes and remained with the company for additional few months.

Starting out in a home business working a mlm experience is difficult unless a person is well prepared and is a good closer.

So, success marketing a mlm business is a different story. I met a really sharp marketer who shed a new and creative plan that will foster success.

Thanks for letting me share this.

gpelton