Complaint Review: AmeriTrain, Inc

• Submitted: Tue, July 23, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, July 30, 2002

• Reported By:Fort Mill SC
AmeriTrain, Inc
8801 JM Keynes Drive Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.A.

AmeriTrain, Inc Company took my $8,000 then closed it's doors. No warning, no contact, nothing! Cannot even contact their corporate office now!! Charlotte North Carolina

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Only Steve Gouveia and Douglas Davis knew this was happening

*0: Website

I was impressed with AmeriTrain when I contacted the sales rep. at the Charlotte Branch, Joe Eustace. Joe told me that as a student, I would always have access to their labs to study, the instructors were always available to answer questions or give help and they were also a MICROSOFT CERTIFIED Testing Center. All of this impressed me so I signed up for two classes (MCSE & CCNA).

I enrolled in the class starting July 22, 2002. All day on July 22, I tried phoning AmeriTrain. The phone did not ring through, but rather had a busy signal. There was no message on the phone, nor on the door when I arrived to take the class. There were two notes by other students stating that AmeriTrain had closed it's doors and emptied out the office! After contacting a few people, I found out it was true! AmeriTrain never contacted me to tell me they were going out of business. They never contacted me to give me a refund (over $8,000). They never contacted me to tell me they were relocating to anywhere in the NC area. I am completely appalled at their business practices! And now, I'm out $8,000 I really can't afford!! What is really frustrating is that this didn't happen over night and they are still (as of 2 weeks ago) taking enrollment, KNOWING they were not going to deliver the service!

Rebecca
Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2002 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AmeriTrain-Inc/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28262/AmeriTrain-Inc-Company-took-my-8000-then-closed-its-doors-No-warning-no-contact-not-25164. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AmeriTrain, Inc

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Only Steve Gouveia and Douglas Davis knew this was happening

AUTHOR: Joe - ()

Rebecca, the employees at the Charlotte and Raleigh locations presented everything thinking that Ameritrain was a legitimate company and would deliver what was promised to them. The President and Vice PResident (Steve Gouveia and Doug Davis),are the only two who knew they were going to do this to the students and only USED the sales reps to sell something that the student would never get.

When I first started with Ameritrain, the company had NO complaints and all the students were happy with the education they recieved. It just seems over the past 6 months or so that the employees were getting fired for no reason due to cutbacks, the advertising began to deminish, bills were not getting paid etc. When asked about all this, the Vice President (Steve) said that everything was being taken care of and all would be fine. I don't beleive this now!

They had to know what was about to take place, but just didn't tell the employees about it so they would continue selling and making Ameritrain money. Heck they didn't even pay me my commissions for the last two months I worked there! The only two people that you need to be upset with are Steve Gouveia and Douglas Davis! I wish you the best of luck!

#2 0

Website

AUTHOR: - ()

Aaron, from on-sitecomputersolutions.net, and I have teamed up to bring everyone http://www.ASFB.org -- AmeriTrain Students Fight Back! If you are a victim of AmeriTrain, please visit the website!