Complaint Review: AmeriTrain of GA

• Submitted: Thu, July 18, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, July 25, 2002

• Reported By:Atlanta GA
AmeriTrain of GA
1455 Lincoln Pkwy. Ste. 600 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

AmeriTrain of GA cheated employees and screwed the customers even more Atlanta Georgia

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: You are not alone, but good luck

I was employed in the Atlanta, GA school for AmeriTrain for 3 years. I served as the receptionist for 1 1/2 years and then received a promotion to become the Business Manager. The company was constantly turning over all of the sales reps and directors and I was the only employee that was there for longer than 6 months.

I left this employment 2 months ago and was begged to stay. My reason for leaving is because of poor management and LIES!!!!!!!

In September of 2001, I was asked to become Business Manager for Charlotte, Raleigh, and Atlanta. They fired the receptionist and business managers that were employed in North Carolina, because AmeriTrain could not pay to keep them.

I was told that I would only be doing the extra work (no pay raise) for a month or two.After 9 MONTHS of tripling my workload, they decided to add more to my duties by asking me to help with licensing for the Atlanta, GA location. When asked for a pay raise, I was blown off on many occasions and told it would be discussed - WHICH NEVER HAPPENED!

I turned in a 2 week resignation, worked 9 out of the 10 days and called in sick on my last date of employment to have a rest between jobs.

I was still owed 2 weeks of pay, but did not receive it on the following pay period. I called the corporate office on numerous times to ask why I wasn't paid and was told that the person that handles the pay (the President's wife) and the President were on vacation.

I sent numerous requests over the e-mail asking for a quick response because I have done nothing wrong to this company and I just want what is owed to me. The President, after 1 week, e-mailed me back to tell me that "I screwed them over by leaving and not coming in on the last day, when I knew they were short-staffed, so he was going to screw me."

I was then told in the same letter that the following week, I would have a checked overnighted to me, which did not happen. I received my final check, not everything that was due to me, 4 weeks after leaving with a resignation letter turned in.

This company does nothing but lie to its employees and its customers and has no business still offering training to students.

Concerned for employees & students
Atlanta, Georgia

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Ameritrain, Inc.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2002 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AmeriTrain-of-GA/Atlanta-Georgia-30346/AmeriTrain-of-GA-cheated-employees-and-screwed-the-customers-even-more-Atlanta-Georgia-24860. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AmeriTrain of GA

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

You are not alone, but good luck

AUTHOR: youno - ()

I take offense to the fact that you say you were there the longest ;-). There were others of us that were there for 2 years or so. We thankfully left some time ago. (Except for that big guy with the funny accent and the ... Oh never mind!)

As much as we struggled to run a ligitimate business we were overruled and finally got tired of leaving bloody marks from banging our heads against the wall. There was a time when AmeriTrain was a legitimate training company. Those times are long past.

I hate to break the news to all of you, but AmeriTrain (Doug Davis mainly; Steve Gouveia is just one of those annoying little dog turds that you can't seems to scrape off the bottom of your shoe) owes alot of people money and they will probably never collect. Doug has a myriad of lawyers in several states (which by the way he only pays them sometimes).

I wish you all luck, but I wrote off what they owe me a long time ago. Doug has a large portion of his money unavailable to law suits and after he claims bankruptcy will just coast along for a while. The only way to really get anything out of this will be to get a fraud conviction which will be extremely hard to prove. The only ones that will have the goods on them are too involved (or stoned) to do a whole lot of talking.

I know this does not sound promising and I don't want to quash the enthusiasm, I highly encourage you to persue him to the ends of the earth. I have no doubt that they had (and still have) every intention of screwing everyone of us out of every penny they can. I only hope that I see the day when Mr. Davis, Mr. Gouveia, and other people (you know who you are) are wearing orange jumpsuits and are Bubba's new girlfriend.