Complaint Review: AmeriTrust Financial

• Reported By:Wilmington Delaware
AmeriTrust Financial
Sunnyvale, California U.S.A.

AmeriTrust Financial ALMOST GOT RIPPED OFF TOO!! Sunnyvale California

In an effort to rebuild my credit, and purchase a home within the next 12 months, I knew that I had to open another credit account. I had applied and was approved for a few things. When Ameritrust called me last week, even though I knew that they were not a company that I had tried to contact, I thought hey...one more avenue to keep me rolling in the right direction. I miss a couple of their phone calls, but my husband gave me the message. As he was aware of my inquiries of another credit card, he sounded pretty enthusiastic about the call.

I took the number from the caller ID (408-731-7348) and talked with a woman. Didn't they have a sucker! In this day of identity theft and fraud, etc., what was I thinking?! After listening and deciding to participate, I was transferred to verification. While this processing was going on, the line became dead air. I hung up and called back. I couldn't get anyone, but thought nothing of it.

A couple of days later, something just didn't feel right. I googled them and what do my eyes behold?! RIP OFF REPORTS ALL OVER THE PLACE! I called them and got the woman again (funny she answered by saying hello). She told me she is in processing and to call Customer Service the next morning (you won't get anyone at 866-529-7037)...a recording with a man's voice or a hang up. That was the last time that I talked to her. At the (408) number, I got hang ups and a fast busy. Now, I cannot get anyone. I called my bank today for a stop payment. I hope that it works. NEVER AGAIN! Listen...WE HAVE TO BE MUCH, MUCH SMARTER.

Sugarbaibe
Wilmington, Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2007 11:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AmeriTrust-Financial/Sunnyvale-California/AmeriTrust-Financial-ALMOST-GOT-RIPPED-OFF-TOO-Sunnyvale-California-291172. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AmeriTrust Financial