• Report: #209774

• Updated: Mon, April 07, 2014

• Reported By:lilburn Georgia
Ameribanc National
Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Ameribanc National - Ameribanc - Ripoff NOT A REAL COMPANY DOES NOT PAY YOU!! Chicago Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: No issues with AmeriBanc

*UPDATE Employee: Ameribanc National is a very reputable company

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: It sounds like sour grapes to me

*Consumer Comment: Potential Clients Side

*UPDATE Employee: Seriously people.....

*UPDATE Employee: Very Unprofessional Management

*UPDATE Employee: AmeriBanc National great company

*UPDATE Employee: Amazed and Bewildered to think I've paid all my monthly bills for the past 8 months from a Company who isn't "REAL" and "Don't Pay"!!!

*UPDATE Employee: A HAPPY Employee!

*UPDATE Employee: Ameribanc IS a REPUTABLE company

*UPDATE Employee: I disagree Wholeheartedly!!

I took a job with Ameribanc, and after training, went out to my "appointments" Most of them were merchant no-shows, or the telemarketer had lied to the business owner to get the appointment. I did manage to sell some product, however MY PAYCHECK NEVER CAME.

I worked for this company, wasted time, money, and gas, and didn't recieve a paycheck. I've contacted everyone at the company, no one will return my phone calls, or e-mails. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY, AND IF YOU ARE A BUSINESS OWNER, BEWARE!!! DO NOT PROCESS YOUR CREDIT CARDS THROUGH THEM. IF THEY ARE WILLING TO RIP OFF THEIR EMPLOYEES, IMAGINE WHAT THEY WILL DO TO YOUR CREDIT RECIEVABLES!!!!!!!

Kristina
Lilburn, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2006 03:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ameribanc-National/Chicago-Illinois/Ameribanc-National-Ameribanc-Ripoff-NOT-A-REAL-COMPANY-DOES-NOT-PAY-YOU-Chicago-Ill-209774. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ameribanc National

No issues with AmeriBanc

AUTHOR: Mike - ()

I have been working with AmeriBanc for a little under a month and have had no issues with them paying me or assisting customers. They pay on time and accurately. So far, each merchant I have visited with has found valued savings in the AmeriBanc services, not just $$$$, but customer support and revenue products

Ameribanc National is a very reputable company

AUTHOR: Don - ()

I have been with Ameribanc National for 6 months and I am very satisfied.  The training was good and I was paid to complete the training and answer a few short questions to ensure I understood.  I started getting appointments on the 2nd day and my first sale was on the 3rd day.  My paychecks started the following Friday.

What I like is that I get 3-4 appointments each day.  Are they all good?  Of course not.  Many are "fishing" appointments to compare rates from a competator company.  There are some bad appointments, such as a merchant that said no but the appointment was booked anyway.  The company has a solid policy to call the Regional Sales Manager and report these appointments.  The RSM verifies the information with the merchant and appropriate corrective actions are taken.

What are the drawbacks?  You have to be in an area with lots of businesses or you will go hungry.  If you live in a small town and there are 50 small businesses you are in trouble.  Even if you got all of them, one business each day, you would be out of sales in 2 1/2 months.  I work in the greater Birmingham Alabama area because there are an abundance of opportunities.

What do I like about Ameribanc?  Honesty and Service!  When I speak to a merchant and get to the point of a sale, my RSM is always there to help get the best rate for the merchant.  I have been corrected several times when I quoted a price that would have been higher than necessary.  Yes, even though the merchant agreed with the deal, my RSM and VP of Sales did a review and asked me to go back and lower the rate. Why?  Because if the rate is too high, another company will just come in behind me and make a better offer.  If I can give a rock bottom rate, I have a merchant for the long run.

Do we make mistakes?  Of course we do.  We are all human and things go wrong.  The difference I have found is that Ameribanc ADMITS the mistake and takes immediate corrective action.  Sometimes that means we lose an account.  Sometimes it means that we have to give a price that has virtually NO profit.  If no profit is the best course of action to save our reputation and my good name, I am all for it.

That is exactly what happened with one of my first accounts.  The merchant made a one digit mistake on their tax ID number and deposits to their account were stopped.  The company cut their rate so low that they are almost paying NOTHING for service.  This isn't very good for Ameribanc, but it saved my personal reputation and that means many more sales.

I don't know what happened with Kristina, but I do know that I am satisfied.  I'm not getting rich quick, but I get a direct deposit every Friday and most are 4 figures.  It takes a lot of time, a lot of effort, and a lot of prayer.  Merchants sometimes aren't at the business.  Merchants sometimes are angry at a previous service and take it out on me because I am in their sights.  What do I do?  I say a little prayer, make an offer they can't refuse, and know that I have done my job well regardless of the decision.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

It sounds like sour grapes to me

AUTHOR: rcm4170 - (United States of America)

Kristina sounds like a salesman that couldn't sell.  I worked for them and ran appointments for 7 months.  I made 8000.00 my first month and averaged 4000.00-5000.00 after that.  AmeriBanc is a great company.  The owners are honest good men.  I trust them.  They are not liars or theives.  Kristina is bitter because she couldn't perform.  That's no one's fault but hers.

Potential Clients Side

AUTHOR: dh - (United States of America)

I had a very nice young lady come to my office. She did not know a lot because she "had not been in the field long"; she used to work in their offices. When we were initially called by the company, we were told that the price for merchant services was a set amount and there were no additional fees. We were also told that there was no contract. Wanting to save some money, we agreed to the sales appointment.

When we started asking the saleslady about the fees, she had to call Jason. Then she asked if she could fax our current statement to him so he could look at it; "Jason was really good with the numbers". After she faxed the statement and called Jason back, he was good about explaining the numbers. He quickly offered to drop the percentage rate to a fixed rate. Everything was going well and we would probably agree to their offer. I explained to the saleslady that we had already committed to meeting with another company the next morning and felt that it was only professional and courteous to keep the appointment. She totally understood and agreed; and would call us in a couple of days.

The "no contract" turned into an "agreement" that consisted of over 30 pages. We asked her if she would leave it with us so that we could read it before signing. She agreed and then left. Moments afterwards she returned to my office with Jason on the phone. Jason, the "number person", became the rude and a unprofessional hard sale closer.

Jason began berating my wife about how we had promised to sign and how we had wasted over an hour of his commissioned salespersons time; who had to use her own gas to go to appointments. My wife passed the phone to me and Jason started by asking if we could talk "man to man"; I guess he has a problem with female business people. He started with the same lines on me. I guess he doesn't think my time meeting with his salesperson is worth anything.

According to Jason, he is a regional vice president. He informed me of this when I said I did not appreciate his company lying to me.

Sad thing for the salesperson is that we probably would have sign the agreement, if it had not been for Jason. Saving money is one thing but, the reputation and conduct of the company and its employees is another, especially an executive employee. I'm glad I was able to speak with Jason, it kept me from making a big mistake.

Seriously people.....

AUTHOR: NotStupid - (United States of America)

So far people are explaining that the person IS wrong in his accusations on this great company which he is, but that last one, you should have never accepted the position...... My first appointment ever was a sale and i answered the questions the guy had i didn't need to call it in. obviously you just attended the training and did not pay attention or participate. As far as the wrong ID i HIGHLY doubt it. U may have just entered it wrong. Look people the black and white on this company is.......ITS NOT FOR EVERYONE.... If u cant sell things u cant sell things plain and simple that has nothing to do with the company, all these negative things i have read about this company were proved wrong on day 1 of my sales day..... If u think u get a email with appointments and all u gotta do is show up and say hey look what i got, do ya want it........WRONG..... this is hard work hours of hard work but it does pay off to the ones who commit..... If you wont commit, or commit once and fail and then start blaming others...... then QUIT........ this isn't for everyone. Work hard.....truly work hard and then come on to one of these boards and say it doesn't work. But don't lie and say the company is fake or say this doesn't work. There are to many people benefiting from this company for what u say to be true. Thanks everyone, hope u intelligent people give this company a shot, and make some good money...

Very Unprofessional Management

AUTHOR: Ron - (United States of America)

I went through all the hours of training and was excited about running appointments for AmeriBanc National. Well my first day came and guess what no appontmnets. That was after a conversation with my sales manager Jason Maninno the night before where I asked about appointments and was assured of 3 to 5 a day.

When I contacted Jason my first day he said things happen in a rude kind of way and said go cold calling. Well that's not what I signed up for. The next day I had two appointnments. On the first appointment I called in since the merchant had questions. Apparently they assigned me the wrong consultant number and was answered by Chris. He was rude and talked very fast but asked to see his statement. Now this goes against all the training since AmeriBanc doesn't sell by comparing rates they say. The merchant was turned off and said he doesn't do business with fast talkers. However, I did get the statement.

I then called in and got Jason who said fax it in which I did. On my next appointment guess what? They told me to fax in the merchants current statement. Of course the merchant didn't have it or a fax machine.  When I followed up with Jason  he was extremely rude and talked down to me. When I was fed up I confronted him back he seemed to get somewhat professional.

Well no more appointments and that is fine with me. Don't waste your time with this company. If they treat there sales people like they treated me god help the merchants.

rds.tsi@gmail.com

AmeriBanc National great company

AUTHOR: Lee - (United States of America)

I am an independent Merchant Consultant with AmeriBanc National.  I have been with the company almost a month and have been very happy with their response to my needs.  Yes I have had a couple of no shows on appointments, but that is not the company's fault.  There are people out in the market place that simply have no intergrity.  Simple as that.  As for its reputation, I have been paid my commissions as promised and actually ahead of time due to my financial situation.  I have not been with them very long, but so far they have been professional and prompt.  I have no complaints and I know they will stand behind me and my clients.

AUTHOR: Map - (U.S.A.)

Kristina's comments and allegations are so perplexing to me!!! I couldn't believe I was actually reading it.

I joined Ameribanc National and did my first appointment April 9th, 08 after the wonderful "online" training. I have been receiving a direct deposit commission check EACH and EVERY week (like clock work, I might add). It's amazing to me that I've been paying my bills for so long from a company who isn't real! ha ha!!

You get paid to sign the merchant up NOT just to run the appointment. There is NO perfect job, NO perfect company, however in my (35+) years of working in sales I can "honestly" say this is ONE company that has got their act together!! They are in the top 2 of all my work experiences of being MORE then fair, honest and Legitimate!!! My direct supervisor I talk to every day is by far the "BEST" of the Rest. He bends over backwards,does a summersault and jumps through hoops not just for me (to get the sale) but for my merchant to get the best possible rate and service to clinch the sale!!!

I love my job and all the wonderful people (merchants) that I now have as clients. I'm actually "grateful" I found Ameribanc. The thought of a Merchant or potential employee reading comments from Kristina and deciding against them based on her words made me sick to my stomach and I just HAD to ADD my feelings on the truth and validity of this wonderful company.

So in conclusion, if you are looking for a average/high commission only job OR would love the chance to slash your processing bills from 20-50% if you are a business owner, please do yourself a favor and check us out!!! You won't regret it! : O)

A HAPPY Employee!

AUTHOR: A Happy Employee! - (U.S.A.)

I am an employee of AmeriBanc and am very happy working for them. They are a very reputable company that takes great pride in supporting their employees, rewarding them for a job WELL done, and in providing their customers with the highest level of customer service.

I personally have placed payment processing systems with 60% of the pre-set appointments that AmeriBanc has set for me. This is a great product and is easy to sell if you are excited about the company and what they have to offer, plus they provide a GREAT price plan for the merchants.

Happy in ABQ!

AUTHOR: Candycane7 - (U.S.A.)

I am a current employee at Ameribanc, and let me be the one to set the record straight. Ameribanc is the number 1 company in the processing industry and I can safely use that fact because it is the TRUTH. It's an awesome company to work for. The sales we make and appointments we set are genuine, honest, and worthwhile. So....I'm not sure why this ex employee would even want to make himself look like a complete fool just out of spite......but I am curious to know if he possibly ever turned in his W4 form for taxes when he was first hired by Ameribanc. I know for sure if you don't turn in that paperwork to the Human Resources Director, you WILL NOT get paid. So buddy, here's some friendly advice, being spiteful might just prove your stupidity.

I disagree Wholeheartedly!!

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

It is amazing to me when people try outside sales, fail, and find everyone but themselves to blame. I have been with AmeriBanc for the past 13 months, and have found them to not only do what they told me they would, but have gone above and beyond several times.

Outside sales is just that, and for a company to do what they do, and to have a perfect BBB record says alot about them, and those of us who are out there every day, running the appointments and making the sales.

I have been over paid 3 times, and the owner ended up saying 'consider it a bonus on your next months production'. I have had some bad appointments, but I went next door to sell their neighbor.

I use to set my own appointments in the insurance business, and the stuff I set had no-shows and folks telling me I didn't set them, so Kristina in GA, your lack of experience and 'scourned' attitude could have negative affects on others who could otherwise find great success with a good company like AmeriBanc, so I would say to those seeing this, if sales and closing is your forte, this is a great company to work for, if not, this is not a gimme. You can make great $, but you do have to work for it.