Complaint Review: America Advantage

• Updated: Mon, September 19, 2005

• Reported By:Lowell Massachusetts
America Advantage
Lowell, Massachusetts U.S.A.

America Advantage Ripoff Wanted the numbers on the bottom of a check or my bank account number. Lowell Massachusetts

This man called and asked for my husband by name or someone in the house 18 or older. He said we qualify for a 12,000.00 government grant. He said he would send me an information packet and some forms to fill out and send it back and we would get a check for 12,000.00 He wanted my bank name and my checking account #. I gave him my bank name but no bank account numbers. He kept trying to convince me it was okay.

I insisted I was not okay with that. He said his name was
Mickey Peterson (had an India accent) Cust service Rep #0425 he was from the Grant Dept of America Advantage. He assured me no one could take money from my account if I gave him Numbers on the bottom of my checks. I told him to call back when my husband was home. I don't usually answer my phone unless I know the number on my caller ID. I haven't been answering the unknowns.

Cathy
Lowell, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2005 08:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/America-Advantage/Lowell-Massachusetts-01851/America-Advantage-Ripoff-Wanted-the-numbers-on-the-bottom-of-a-check-or-my-bank-account-nu-157669. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America Advantage