Complaint Review: America Choice RV

• Updated: Tue, May 07, 2013

• Reported By: Melissa — Tavares Florida United States of America
America Choice RV
3040 NW Gainsville Rd. Ocala, Florida United States of America

America Choice RV Very Shady Company - I highly DO NOT RECOMMEND! Ocala, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Regarding trade in titles And registrations

At first, my experience was very pleasant.  The salesman that I dealt with during my first visit was really a great guy, he spent well over 3 hours with me looking for just the perfect RV.  So yes, my first impression of America Choice was great (probably because 90% of the staff was at the Tampa RV show that weekend so there was a very slim staff available.)  It wasn't until America Choice fired my salesman because he asked to leave early on a Saturday to coach his child's baseball game, that things became very shady, manipulative, and downright wrong.

I put in an offer on an RV on Friday, on Saturday I was asked to bring in the title of my vehicle that I would be trading in.  I was told that they would need that in order to show that I was "serious" about purchasing the RV.  Later I would find out what a big mistake that would be. On Monday morning I started calling to find how things were moving along and found out that my salesman had been fired on Saturday.  I was tossed around to a half a dozen voicemails and could not get anyone to return my calls.

By Wednesday, after leaving several messages, I still had not gotten a call so I started to leave demanding messages because (keep in mind) these people had the title of my vehicle in their posession.  Finally late Wednesday evening, I received a call from Jessie. I will withold my opinion of this character.  Jessie told me that they could not sell me the unit that I put in an offer on and lied about the reason as to why...but come to find out, even though I had put in an offer (that nobody did anything with) the unit had been sold out from underneath me.

Jessie was great at pretending how sorry he was about the service that I had received and he was going to help me so much and he was going to "make things right".  Well that was until I told Jessie I had a very bad taste in my mouth from my previous experience and that I just wanted to get my title back.  Jessie became rude and his entire demeanor changed...he tried to convince me to come in and look at other "trailers" that he had and said that my title was locked up in the "Accounting Office" and that he would have to see if he could get it back and he would call me back.

So, needless to say after several days of leaving over another dozen voicemail messages on every extension at this dealership, I finally received a call from a truly nice and helpful Audrey and I was finally able to go back to Ocala and retrieve my title.  But don't assume it was that easy.  It took 15 minutes for Audrey to track down my title that was floating around on someones desk in a heap of papers strewn all over.  It was not locked up as previously told.  So, if you must deal with these people, I would suggest Audrey.   However be very very leary about trusting them at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2013 09:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/America-Choice-RV/Ocala-Florida-34475/America-Choice-RV-Very-Shady-Company-I-highly-DO-NOT-RECOMMEND-Ocala-Florida-1008513. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America Choice RV

Regarding trade in titles And registrations

AUTHOR: RV dealer fraud Investigator - ()

When you purchase a motorhome And the dealers ship is trying to get you financed, Never release the registration or the title to your trade-in until after you get confirmation from a bank that you have been approved.  When you go to the RV dealership or a auto dealership and they're trying to get you financed you have no clue how many different lenders they are sending copies of the deal to try to get you Financed.

Trust me your private information could be sent to so many different lenders it will drive you nuts if you found out.  And after you get financed about three months after making payments you might want to contact your lender and ask them to send you a copy of what data the dealership submitted to get your loan approved.  You could very well get a shocking surprise in the mail. I know a lady to try to get her car financed when the dealership was selling it to her and she told them on her credit application that she only made $1200 a month, That's gross income not take-home pay.

When she got the data from the lender Huntington national Bank she found out that the dealerships finance manager told the lender she makes $5000 a month Not the actual $1200 a month because the finance manager knew that they would not have gotten the loan approved.

They won't able to do this to this customer because she had excellent credit And they knew that the bank would not put a microscope or a large magnifying glass to that particular deal because the customer had great credit. I encourage everyone to get a copy of the data that the dealership submitted to the bank when they got your loan approved. Never contact the dealership to get That data always contact your lender.

I find many deals going to lenders behind the customers back that are fraudulent loan applications. When you fill out a credit application in your penmanship only with your signature on it always request a copy of what you filled out.  And then to a three months later requested the same information from your lender in other words ask your lender to give you a copy of what the dealership told them about you As far as the credit information that they sent to the bank to get your loan approved.

Many times the dealerships will submit fraudulent loan applications two lenders to get customers approved and they do it behind the customers back, As an RV expert witness when it comes to fraud I find that about 10% of the customers that have bought their RVs are in fraudulent loans and they don't know it.  Trust but verify.....