- Report: #925819
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: America Choice RV
America Choice RV3040 NW Gainesville Rd Internet United States of America
America Choice RV Deceptive sales Practices, Selling unsafe products, Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
This all started with me looking for a RV motorhome to transport my daughters family and their belongings from Florida. I was utilizing the web to do my search. I located a 1994 Flair RV on one of the listings. I called and asked for Renee, the salesperson listed on the webpage.
After telling Renee Devoe, sales person, about the 1994, she told me that that had been sold on EBay. I asked how much it had sold for, and was informed that it sold for $7500. This turned out to be a lie, but I didnt know that at that time. (I have attached the EBay listing that shows the selling price.) She told me that the buyer had not lived up to the sales agreement. I asked her if they would sell me the unit for the same price as the EBay deal. She asked her manager, and he agreed. I told her that my daughter lived near Ocala, and that I would put a $2000 deposit, and then pay the rest if my daughter said to go ahead. If she said no, then I would get my deposit back. She agreed. I asked her how much the license and tags would be. Her response was that she couldnt tell for sure, but that the total would be no more than $10000. Included in that was a $500 preparation fee. In addition, I was charged $50 for Delivery!
My daughter went to look at the vehicle and said to go ahead. I told Renee to send me the paperwork. The next day, I received an e-mail for Renee telling me about this better deal. She had a 1995 Itasca SunCruiser that I could have for the same price.
My understanding was that this was $7500 plus tax and license and 500 preparation fees. However, when I received the paperwork, it was $8850 (rounded off). When I called for an explanation, I was told that they were talking OTD (out the door) price. That was never said or expressed before the switch.
When I asked to go back to the original deal, I was told that that was not possible because the other unit had already been sold. A second complaint, the condition of the unit, is also being presented.
Here are my complaints about this transaction:
1. I was outright lied to about the price that the original unit (1994 Flair) had sold for the price I was told was it had sold for $7500, in actuality, is had sold for $7200. (ref. EBay item #261017193474 2. I offered the same price as the unit had sold for, plus tax. License and preparation fees. According to the EBay sold price, that should have been $7200, plus tax, license and preparation fees 3. The newer, better unit switch was supposed to be the same price as the original unit. The price was supposed to be the same as the price agreed to, the EBay sold price of the original unit. 4. The unit was supposed to be in better condition than the original unit..
This deal was a rip-off from the start. The sales person blatantly told a lie to start the deal, and misrepresented the deal to cheat me. In addition, I have asked for a written statement of what the Preparation fees are for, and have been refused that. This is one of the most unethical dealers I have ever come across.
Part 2: The Itasca SunCruiser
America Choice RV
My daughter, who knows very little about RVs, was to be orientated on how to use the equipment in the RV. She did have an orientation and was shown the equipment. She acknowledged that they gave her a tour and that she was satisfied.
Shortly after delivery, my daughter called in a panic. She could not open the doors to the RV! She had called America Choice, and had gotten token help over the phone, but still was locked out. Finally, when she was on the phone with them, the serviceman came in and said, You need to turn the key upside down for it to work on the back door, a fact that they had forgot to tell her when she had orientation. Oh, and the front door will not open from the outside, but must be opened from the inside, by the way.
I have requested that I get a list of the preparation fees work but they refused?????
From here, I will give a list, or summary of the things that are wrong:
1. The cabin air conditioning does not work at all 2. The brakes did not work properly, hardly at all, and screamed (belt squeal) when pushed to the floor. And they did go all the way to the floor. There was no brake fluid in the master cylinder. 3. The stairs dont work properly. 4. The hot water valve bypass was turned off, so no hot water. This was fixed by opening thevalve, then flushing the system. 5. The auxiliary battery and the main battery would not hold a charge. BOTH BATERES HAD TO BE REPLACED. 6. The wiper blades were shredded and not usable. One was tied on with tye wraps!
Here are my main complaints about this RVs condition: THEY DIDNT CARE THAT THEY HAD DELIVERED AN UNSAFE VEHICLE, NOR DID THEY OFFER ANY HELP EVEN WHEN WE BEGGED FOR THEIR HELP WITH THE BRAKE SITUATION. THEIR ANSWER WAS YOU BOUGHT THE VEHICLE AS IS. My contention is that even if it is as is, there is a reasonable expectation that it is safe to drive. The answer to that was, Well dont drive it.
1. The Brakes It was obvious that these had not been serviced as there was no brake fluid in the cylinder and there was so much crud on the cover that it was obvious that it had not been opened. 2. When I called for help, I was told that I HAD BOUGHT THIS as is, so good luck! 3. Not being a mechanic, I didnt know where the master cylinder was to check it. I was not even asked if I had checked it, much less offered any help. 4. This was an extremely dangerous situation that could have cost a life, and they didnt care. when I told them that I was heading home to Minnisota and needed help, I was told "Well don't drive it if you think it is unsafe". 5. The air conditioning. While not a safety hazard, certainly a great discomfort in the 95 degree heat. 6. Doors and the stairs. We had to climb, literally climb, in and out of the unit to use it. And since the front door would not open from the outside, we had to enter by the back door to get the front door open. This means that we had to climb in. (Since I am disabled, this was particularly difficult for me.)
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2012 08:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/America-Choice-RV/internet/America-Choice-RV-Deceptive-sales-Practices-Selling-unsafe-products-Internet-925819. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.