Complaint Review: America On Line

• Updated: Fri, August 08, 2008

• Reported By:Virginia Beach Virginia
America On Line
www.aol.com Internet U.S.A.

America On Line aol is still taking money out of my bank account. Even though I Have canceled 3 times Internet

On June 5th 2008 I called aol customer service to cancel my service, after I learned that. aol was taking money out of my bank account. Even though I had a different internet server. aol gave me a run around.

They kepted me on the line for 45 minutes. Trying to find my account.
Finally I said, Please cancel my account. I also contacted my bank to let them know not to let aol take money out of my account.

July 8th 2008 I recieved an E-mail from aol stating they tried to get the monthly payment and couldn't and wanted to know if I had changed accounts.

I called aol again and told them that I had canceled. the account. and they are no longer to take money from my account. They told me to disreguard the e-mail.

On August 8th,2008 I checked my Bank account and noticed that aol took money out of my account again. I called my bank to tell them to stop payment. and then called aol.

when I finally got through to an operator after about 10 minutes. I was a little upset at the very least. To ask why aol. was still taking money out.

They wanted my Phone Number. I gave it to them, aol could not find the number. They wanted my e-mail address. I gave it to them. They couldn't find my e-mail address. Even though they sent me an e-mail In July.

aol asked for my 4 last numbers to my bank account. Again they couldn't find that either. But yet They Managed to take money from that account. so beware. If you try to cancel your account. with aol. chances are they won't cancel you out. Next step is to Cancel My Bank account.

It's to bad that I have to resort to changing my account that I have had for over 3 years. since I moved here. and change everything that attached to that account.

Virginia Beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2008 09:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/America-On-Line/internet/America-On-Line-aol-is-still-taking-money-out-of-my-bank-account-Even-though-I-Have-cance-360968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America On Line