• Report: #195919

• Reported By:East Ridge Tennessee
America On Line
aol.com Nationwide U.S.A.

America On Line ripoff Nationwide

I too have been ripped of by AOL. I tried the service, free trial. Then after 3 months, in January, 2006, I no longer needed it, having internet access paid at work. The rep begged me to take the free month. I said did not need it, but he begged and I said, OK, I will take it, but will let you know if I want to reinstated. I had prefaced the call with request to cancel.

I MAY at the end of the month, they debited $74.50 for three months service which I had not used. It took me 4 hours to finally get to a live person. When I went on line to complain, the rep said there was nothing he could do, except return 1 month charge.

I finally got ahold of a live operator and once again cancelled and requested a letter and email acknowledging the cancellation. Neither happened.

Yesterday, my bank credited me with the balance of the 3 months charge. Today, I have a new debit charge for a month of service, $24.90.

Called my bank and disputed this item and requested a stop payment on all charges from AOL. They did not charge for this service and it will be covered for 6 months. I will probably have to keep doing this every six months.

BTW, if you have the same problem and are using a VISA debit card, they are required to investigate this kind of complaint and will credit back your charges.

I plan to stop payment with VISA and my bank whenever I suspect bad intentions.

Does anyone realize what a HUGE scam this is? No wonder they keep mailing out their stupid disks. It does not matter if you keep it or not, they will keep charging you.

This should go to the FTC was Wire fraud.

Joyce
East Ridge, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2006 02:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/America-On-Line/nationwide/America-On-Line-ripoff-Nationwide-195919. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America On Line