Complaint Review: America On-line

• Updated: Tue, January 27, 2009

• Reported By:Bixby Oklahoma
America On-line
aol.com Internet U.S.A.

America On-line Charged for a 60-day free trial by AOL...they deny I ever had a free trial. even though I used a free trial disc. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Where did you get your disk?

I signed up for a 60-day free trial of AOL. I wanted to see if it was faster than my current ISP. It wasn't, so I faxed a cancellation the next day. The account, of course, didn't get cancelled. I called a week later and was able to cancel my account. Today I checked my e-mail to make sure my account had been cancelled and what a surprise: my account had been charged for $9.95...during my supposed free trial (I'd only used up one week of the free 60 days).

I called a representative (had to use Google to find these secret AOL numbers) and the rep., with his heavy Indian accent, informed me that there was no evidence my membership was ever free and they could do nothing for me. I informed him of the AOL disc I had and he repeated his line. I spoke to an Indian supervisor and he repeated the rep's line almost word for word. I asked for an address, so I could file a complaint. This is where I'm at with this nonsense.

Can't we do a class-action lawsuit against them and put them out of business?

Ruth
Bixby, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2009 01:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/America-On-line/internet/America-On-line-Charged-for-a-60-day-free-trial-by-AOLthey-deny-I-ever-had-a-free-trial-416884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America On-line

Where did you get your disk?

AUTHOR: Devilsadvocate4education*just My Opinions* - (U.S.A.)

Is it possible you got the disk from someone else who had already used it?