Complaint Review: America OnLine

• Updated: Fri, June 18, 2004

• Reported By:El Cajon California
America OnLine
www.aol.com Internet U.S.A.

America OnLine Aka AOL double billing for 7 months, & charging for Broadband I don't have Internet

*Consumer Comment: thats normal - They keep ripping us off!

For the past seven months AOL has dipped into my account and double charged me and also charged me for broadband which I have never had. I have been cancelling the account for over a month via internet, fax and US Mail to no avail. They double-dipped my account again yesterday! I CAN't get rid of this nightmare company!

Jeanine
El Cajon, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2004 05:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/America-OnLine/internet/America-OnLine-Aka-AOL-double-billing-for-7-months-charging-for-Broadband-I-dont-have-95341. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America OnLine

thats normal - They keep ripping us off!

AUTHOR: April - (U.S.A.)

I had the same problem. They doubled charged me for my account. They said the only thing that could of happened was i had 2 accounts open. But for some odd reason they couldnt find the other account that was open for months. (there was no other account by the way) they said we can give you 3 free months for your fusteration. I said no just close my account i dont want anything to do with you guys anymore.

They said they couldnt close my account and that it will be open till my 3 months of free service is up. Then after the 3 free months i would have to call and cancel it. But i had already asked them to close my account.

Anyway there was more but my suggestion i have found is go to your bank close that account you have open they are withdrawing from. And open a new account with different numbers. It works. They cant charge an account that isnt open. Then say screw it because you will never get your money back. Ive tried. Im sure thats why they have so much money. They keep ripping us off.