• Report: #196498

• Submitted: Thu, June 15, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, June 15, 2006

• Reported By:Tulare California
America Online - AOL
, Dulles, Virginia, Internet, Nationwide U.S.A.

America Online 4 faxes not enough to cancel AOL cancelling is a living hell Dulles Virginia

I had heard America Online was difficult to cancel. I read recently where they had lost 12% of their membership in a year so apparently they have decided to make cancelling a living hell.

My free disc was set to expire March 22. I sent faxes to AOL to cancel on March 14, March 16 and March 18. I had called my credit card company and informed them I was cancelling AOL in advance. Sure enough, AOL tried to charge my account. M
On April 14 they sent me a form letter stating I had not given them all the information necessary to cancel. They detailed what was all the necessary information. I looked at the fax I had sent them three times. Sure enough each and every piece of information they require was on the fax. I sent them a fourth fax showing them that they already had all the information necessary. I accused them on that fax of being crooked.

Well, 4 faxes wasn't enough either. On April 22 they again charged my credit card. Onmce again my credit card company reversed the charge.

Now AOL is trying to collect $52 from me for those two months.
They call every 2-3 days. I tell them just tell me the day and time to show up in small claims court and I will kick their butts.

Besides being the single lousiest internet provider on the market, they are the most expensive too. Don't even give them a try. The "free" trial is anything but free if you want to cancel

Leroy
Tulare, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2006 12:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/America-Online-AOL/Dulles-Virginia-Internet-Nationwide/America-Online-4-faxes-not-enough-to-cancel-AOL-cancelling-is-a-living-hell-Dulles-Virgini-196498. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America Online - AOL