• Report: #203854

• Submitted: Mon, July 31, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, July 31, 2006

• Reported By:Cloverdale California
America Online - AOL
AOL LLC 22000 AOL Way Dulles, Virginia U.S.A.

America Online, AOL Free Trial Scam Dulles Virginia

I signed up for a 90 day free trial on the AOL website, and when I called to cancel (less than a week later), I was informed that I had been signed up for internet service with them for twelve months, and was going to be charged a $50 cancellation fee since I had an obligation and was breaking it...

Then, adding insult to injury, they proceeded to charge me(two days after I called,)$17.50 for a months internet service that I haven't used, and have no intention of using.

I signed up for a 90-day FREE TRIAL.

I was given the brush-off by their customer service representative, and told that this was obviously my mistake.

This was not my mistake. I knew what I was signing up for.

I was not signing up for $17.50 a month for internet service, plus a $50 cancellation fee.

I was not signing up for rude customer service when I tried to correct an oversight.

I was signing up for a FREE TRIAL.

I would appreciate any help you can give in the matter. I am making copies of this letter and getting ready to send it out to newspapers at this moment.

Pamela
Cloverdale, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2006 08:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/America-Online-AOL/Dulles-Virginia/America-Online-AOL-Free-Trial-Scam-Dulles-Virginia-203854. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America Online - AOL