Complaint Review: America Online Aka:AOL

• Updated: Fri, October 16, 2009

• Reported By: WrknL8 — Palm Coast Florida USA
America Online Aka:AOL
www.aol.com Internet United States of America

America Online :AOL AMERICA ON LINE AOL to Lose long time customer over 7 dollars! Internet

Last month I switched from a debit card to check draft to pay my AOL bill.  I have been a customer of AOL for more than 15 years.  I was not aware of a 7 dollar fee associated with this type of bill payment because when we first signed up there was no fee associated with this due to the fact that debit cards were not in use back then.  Had I known (maybe a little box popping up saying warning you will be charged 7 additional dollars using this method of payment) I would never of elected to pay this way.  I would of instead used my debit card to avoid the fee.

When I recieved the bill this month and saw the charge I immediately contacted AOL and got some rookie (Dina R.) who just kept typing the same scripted thing.  That it was their policy...etc.. and that they could do nothing for me.  When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was then hooked up with Coach Edmund.  He typed the same exact scripted thing. Saying that my bank and any other bank charges this as if it were an ATM fee.  Please tell me the name of the bank that charges 7 dollars to use a freaking ATM!!  Never in all my days have I ever heard such a thing.  When I confronted them on this they had no answer for me.  Perhaps if all of us that are or were charged the 7 dollar fee for using a check draft got together and sued them for the 7 dollars back they would do something about putting a disclaimer pop up when you go to use this feature.   I really can't understand why a company as big as AOL is sweating giving me back my 7 freaking dollars!!  They are willing to loose a long time customer over 7 dollars!!

Anyway, AOL in my eyes is now crap!!  Concidering how long I have been with them and have always paid my bill on time and never ever had a problem with them in the past.  Just a word of warning.....BACK AWAY FROM AOL!!! RUN DON'T LOOK BACK!!

Thanks for letting me put my ripoff story here!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2009 03:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/America-Online-AkaAOL/internet/America-Online-AOL-AMERICA-ON-LINE-AOL-to-Lose-long-time-customer-over-7-dollars-Interne-510407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America Online Aka:AOL