Complaint Review: America Online

• Submitted: Tue, January 09, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, January 09, 2007

• Reported By:Richmond Hill Georgia
America Online
22000 AOL Way Dulles, Virginia U.S.A.

America Online, AOL Misleading and unethical billing practices Ripoff Dulles Virginia

I signed up for a "free", "risk free" 90-day AOL trial. As soon as I finished registering my account, my credit card was charged! Everything leading up to the point where a user enters their account information stated that the trail was 90-days risk free and that the user wouldnt be charged for service until after the 90-day trial was over. The verbaige went on to say that the user could cancel anytime and not be charged. What they failed to mention in their bold print was that you would be charged for the month after the 90-day trial immediatly, and if you didnt like the service they would refund the charge. I called AOL and immediatly closed my account. I was told that the request had been put in to refund my money and that I would see it within the next week or so. 10 days go by and my fee is not refunded. I call AOL...they inform me that due to their "back-office billing practices" that it could take up to 60-days for my money to be refunded! No other company that I have ever worked with has dragged their feet so long!

Adam
Richmond Hill, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2007 04:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/America-Online/Dulles-Virginia-20166/America-Online-AOL-Misleading-and-unethical-billing-practices-Ripoff-Dulles-Virginia-229591. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America Online