tractor

• Submitted: Sat, June 21, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, June 21, 2008

• Reported By:Sicklerville New Jersey
America Online
22270 Pacfic Blvd. Dulles, Virginia U.S.A.

America Online Wrongful Termination Dulles Virginia

*Consumer Suggestion: you need to talk to your stepson

I've subcribed to AOL over thirteen years without conflict. My stepson and neighbor I permitted to use my screen name to amuse themselve with games while I was at home. In a rush to attend a funeral out of town, I forget to turn my PC off, giving them access during my absence. Upon my return, I could not sign on, thinking a problem with the carrier. I made numerous calls to AOL, being transferred to India, Phillipines and South Africa, the language barrier and rude, obnoxious manner of the representatives were distressing.

Finally reaching someone I could understand somewhat, I was told my account was terminated due to TOS Violations of gender, having referred to Sulu being an "Asian Fag" with another screen name on my account, unknown to me calling someone in a chat room a "suck-face"! This second screen name undoubtedly created by my neighbor's son. I was so darned angry, it took all restraint from making my stepson homeless!

Having a tremendous load of documents and correspondence in AOL, I haven't any means to retreive my work. Repeated calls to various numbers to AOL either resulted in recorded messages or rude operaters that aupposedly were transferring my calls to a senior supervisor, after several minutes of holding on changed to a dial tone, indicative of a hangup.

I read the problems pf others with AOL in Rip-Off Bad Business, I immediately called my Credit Card Band, closing the AOL Debit Account. I'm beginnig to realize the horror documented by former AOL subscribers. If they would reactivate my account to permit retrevival of my work, I'd be more than satisfied. If not, I'll seek a nationwide boycott from my National Headquarters, Fraternal Order of Police, with whom I've had a secured membership over thirty-plus years with a membership of over 308,000 members and 2100 lodges including active and retired members.
New Jersey Lawman Retired

Lawman
Sicklerville, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2008 09:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/America-Online/Dulles-Virginia-20166/America-Online-Wrongful-Termination-Dulles-Virginia-342658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America Online

#1 Consumer Suggestion

you need to talk to your stepson

AUTHOR: Nancy - (U.S.A.)

aol IS not the place to direct your anger, you SHOULD be going after your stepson and neighbor? How old are they anyway? ANd it is also partly your own fault. I'll be you have your password stored too so they would not even need that to sign on.

Try calling here. If youa re a police officer, how come I found this and you did not?

AOL Headquarters