Complaint Review: America Online

• Submitted: Wed, September 22, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, September 22, 2004

• Reported By:Houston Texas
America Online
AOL.COM Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

America Online ripoff Jacksonville Florida

On July 19, 2004, I called America Online to cancel my account. I was talked into keeping it for one more month and was told that if I decided to cancel that I needed to call them before August 19, 2004. I also have the letter that America Online sent me stating same.

On August 12, 2004, I called America Online and told them to cancel my account. I was given a fax number by "Ron" and told what information to include in the fax to which I complied.

I received my credit card statement on September 21, 2004, and lo and behold I am being billed $23.90 for one month's service. I called and spoke to "John" with America Online who tried to talk me into keeping the service. John stated that America Online had received my cancellation fax notice but stated that I had not included enough information in the cancellation fax notice. I let him know that I had gotten the fax number and what information to include in my cancellation from America Online.

After 30 minutes of trying to convince me to keep America Online, John gave me cancellation confirmation number.

I would like for America online to credit my account for $23.60. I will no longer do business with them.

Joyce
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2004 05:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/America-Online/Jacksonville-Florida-32245-7185/America-Online-ripoff-Jacksonville-Florida-109543. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America Online