• Report: #190019

• Reported By:maiden North Carolina
America Online
aol.com Internet U.S.A.

America Online - AOL Ripoff Fraudulent Billing Internet

AOL refused refunding fraudulent charges. After picking up a 30 day free trial CD and only using service for 2 weeks before cancelling, never using service afterwards. Internet charges were debited from checking account every month for 6 months after cancelling service which caused overdraft fees. Service fees and overdraft fees totaling $364.

I called AOL spoke with the first representative 5-4-06 who only tried to sell more service, repeatedly explained we did not want service but our money back, stated the only offer was a $60 credit towards new service and a rate of $9.95 a month, after atleast 10 times of asking to speak to her manager we spoke with a woman named Kirsten. Kirsten would not reveal her last name or her exact title. She was very rude stating the previous representative was giving to generous of an offer and that eventhough no service was in use because there was no confirmation# for cancellation of service we were reliable.

This was an error with one of there employees and we have been charged $364. I asked to speak with her manager, stated no one available to speak with me, I asked for a number to reach someone above her, would not give number only a address to write a complaint to the billing department. I stated I was not getting off the phone until speaking with someone who could help me, threatened "she could end the call because we where at a stopping point." I asked how many people they have stolen money from, she answered "We have people calling all the time trying to get free money." At that point she would not answer any of my questions only repeating "Do you want the service canceled now".
I stated I didn't authorized the service to start with. The representative sent me to an automated cancellation message and that was the end of the call.

Both represntatives were rude and offered no help. Never once did either say let me verify that there has not been any use and see what we can do. That's what I would expect from customer service. Never refusal to speak to a manager, or being treated like I'm lying and trying to get something for free, after being cheated out of $364.

Michael
Maiden, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2006 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/America-Online/internet/America-Online-AOL-Ripoff-Fraudulent-Billing-Internet-190019. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America Online