Complaint Review: America Online

• Updated: Mon, August 13, 2007

• Reported By:Jersey City New Jersey
America Online
www.aol.com Internet U.S.A.

America Online Charged me $470 for a monthly svc charge on a $7 monthly plan! ripoff New York Internet

What a nightmare AOL has become. AOL charged me $470 for a monthly svc charge and the clueless outsourced "support" refused to help me.

...after spending hours of wasted time communicating with AOL support on July 18th, I learned on August 13th that I was billed $470 on an account I've never paid more than $7 on! They completely ignored my concerns from July 18th.

I wasted some more time today (8/13) talking to AOL "support" only to completely give up and tell AOL to just cancel my account.

Pathetic.

Good riddance AOL.

Chuck
Jersey City, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2007 10:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/America-Online/internet/America-Online-Charged-me-470-for-a-monthly-svc-charge-on-a-7-monthly-plan-ripoff-New-Y-267114. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America Online