Complaint Review: America Online

• Updated: Mon, April 09, 2007

• Reported By:new braunfels Texas
America Online
AOL.com Internet U.S.A.

America Online Fraud, billing.AOL has been billing my account for more than18 months Ripoff USA Internet

After installing my"free hours" every time I logged on-even for 15 minutes, it counted as 2 hours, not really a big deal but it was the 1st warning sign. I had to pick a method of payment, again, after I used the free time. So, I choose credit card option. Did not work! I choose 'bill my phone' Which I thought was odd, because that is how I originally set the account during installation, and of course... that didnt work also.
I looked for contact info such as an 800 number-but no avail. I couldn' get back on line--kept asking me to subscribe for payment options.

I had to go by a pre paid card(AOL) just to get my Email. And again I was getting ripped off for my timed usage. Could not get back online

So I contacted ATT, got DSL,which was promptly shipped, But would not let me complete the installation due to software conflict with AOL. Had to take computer to repair shop to un install AOL for 65 bucks, I guess I should have known. I never looked back ......Until today. I had swithed home numbers about 6 weeks ago and got a bill today from AOL Saying that they cannot bill my home phone number anymore?

It turns out that AOL has been charging my home phone for 18 monthes of $30.90

Remarkably this bill came with an 800 number, so I called, and stated my case. and they said that no refund could be made due to me signing the "user agreement" which I did -Originally- to set up the account. And I explained what had transpired of a period of 18 monthes ago with problems of thier billing software and all info pertaining to the impossibility to get online due to not accepting my payment options and AOL verified that the account was not in use nor has it ever been used since my "free trial".

They will not give me any refund!

John
new braunfels, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2007 04:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/America-Online/internet/America-Online-Fraud-billingAOL-has-been-billing-my-account-for-more-than18-months-Ripof-1034411. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America Online