• Report: #190703

• Reported By:rutland Vermont
America Online
aol.com Nationwide U.S.A.

America Online ripoff Nationwide

I installed America Online's "Free" software promising 1050 hours "free" in September of 2005. I had to enter a credit card number in order to get this "free" service. One month later I subscribed to DSL through Verizon. I went online and cancelled my AOL service. I didn't thin kanything about AOL again until I paid off my credit card and closed it in January of 2006. I started to receive daily phone calls from AOL telling me that they couldn't access my account to pay for services due. I wrote them a letter stating "Thank God you can't access my account any longer, I cancelled you in October 2005." Instead, they contnued to call my house every day, sometimes twice a day. I couldn't explain myself to the rep. They wouldn't listen. Fianlly, in April 2006, out of frustration and anger, I agreed to pay for my one month's free service I received in Septemeber 2005 (AOL said they would "forgive" the other $95.00 I supposedly owed them for service.) I paif them on April 29, 2006, and...

THEY ARE STILL CALLING MY HOUSE EVERY DAY! THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS. I WANT TO SUE THEM FOR HARRASSMENT! I am living with two friends, it's not even my telephone, one of my friends just went on disability from work. She has COPD. My other friend was just released from the hospital for pancreatitis and gall stones. They have asked me to how get AOL to stop calling their house once or twice a day. How can I stop AOL from calling this house and harrassing my two friends? Please help!

Ronald
Rutland, Vermont

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2006 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/America-Online/nationwide/America-Online-ripoff-Nationwide-190703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America Online