Complaint Review: America Online

• Reported By:Post Falls Idaho
America Online
www.aol.com Nationwide U.S.A.

America Online ripoff Unknown

I was receivng two free months of AOL, and on April 27, 2003, Iwas charged $8.95 for some "premium" service that I didn't know anything about. Then, on May 27,2003, I was charged $23.90 for monthly service and $8.95 again for "premium service" that I still didn't know anything about.

I couldn't call because I didn't have all night to wait on hold, so I faxed a complaint and a cancellation request. Then, on June 11, 2003, I was charged $23.90 again for monthly service that I had cancelled. When I called and waited 45 minutes on hold, I was finally told by a very rude "customer service" representative that it was my own fault for not having the patience to call and wait on hold to begin with. So, they have stolen $41.80 from my account and are blaming me for it.

Tammy
Post Falls, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2003 09:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/America-Online/nationwide/America-Online-ripoff-Unknown-60538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America Online