Complaint Review: America Servicing Company

• Submitted: Mon, October 22, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, October 22, 2007

• Reported By:Longmont Colorado
America Servicing Company
PO Box 10328 Des Moines, Iowa U.S.A.

America Servicing Company Incompetent, lazy Des Moines Iowa

When the payments went ballooning up I decided to sell my home. I used all my savings to fix up my house. Then I put it on the market for what I owed. It didn't sell. I lowered the price to attract more customers. I FINALLY got an offer in July of 2007. We needed to do a short sell, so I filled out the appropriate paperwork and It was sent in on the 19th of July.

I called 3 days later to check on the status. ASC customer service said they had received all the paperwork and that everything was ready I just had to wait for a negotiator. I believed them. I called again on the 30th. Status was ok but no negotiator yet.

Then on August 2, I called and the HUD and NET sheet were suddenly missing., they asked me to fax it over. I did that immediately. I called on average about 1 a week and my realtor called 2 times a week. I had to fax the HUD/net sheet one more time. It was misplaced again.

On September 6, 2007 it was denied because the negotiator couldn't find the net sheet. I then talked to a manager who assured me they had sent an email telling the negotiator that they did indeed have the HUD/NET sheet. He even verified it. He said they would reopen the case. I called again on the 11th. The case had not been reopened.

Then on the 13th it was escalated and I talked to a supervisor named Steve who stated that the case was reopened. It would go to a negotiator and would take another 45-60 days. The buyer has been waiting for over 40 days already. On October 1, 2007 I was told that they needed the extension sheet on the listing agreement . Suddenly it was missing. So we sent it in on October 1, 2007. It takes 24-48 hours to process.

I have now been informed that it was denied again on the 3rd because this paper wasn't processed in time. So I now have to resubmit all the paperwork and wait another 45-60 days.

I have been lucky enough to get very nice people on the phone, However that doesn't do any good since they are only there to answer phones. I really want this sale to go through. I don't want the buyer to back out and then be stuck with the house. I would think that have a short sale and getting some money would be better than going through foreclosue and not getting even the price the buyer is offering.

Holly
Longmont, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2007 06:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/America-Servicing-Company/Des-Moines-Iowa-50306-0328/America-Servicing-Company-Incompetent-lazy-Des-Moines-Iowa-280202. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America Servicing Company