Dolores

• Reported By: Peter — Houston Texas USA
AmericaRX
19-35 Hazen Street, East ElmHurst, New York United States of America

AmericaRX Misleading Advertising - Shipment Information East ElmHurst, New York

I ordered three safety grab bars through Amazon.com on October 12, 2009.  These items were listed as "In-Stock" and I received a shipping confirmation by October 20th.  I sent a note along to AmericaRx on Oct 14th asking for a confirmation of shipment.  I explained to AmericaRX that I was flying to my father's home to install these safety bars after his heart surgery and I only had a 4 day window.

On Oct 19th, I received an email from AmericaRX stating the items were not in stock and would be shipped at an unspecified future date.  When I called AmericaRX to complain, nobody answers the phone.

If I had known the items were not in stock, I could have purchased identical items at a different store.  Or, if they had notified me within a day or two after my order, I could have purchased elsewhere.

I feel both Amazon and AmericaRX offered misleading information.  They reported items as in-stock when they weren't.  Then they delayed by one week admitting to their error.  By this time, it was too late to source the medical parts I needed to secure my father's home.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2009 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AmericaRX/East-ElmHurst-New-York-11370/AmericaRX-Misleading-Advertising-Shipment-Information-East-ElmHurst-New-York-511711. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AmericaRX